Can't open attachment

When I attempt to open a message attachment (a JPG file), I get the option to either Open it or Save it. Saving it works fine, but if I try to Open it, I get the message "The system cannot find the path specified." If I double-click on the saved image, it opens fine in Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album, my default program for viewing JPG files. I am using Outlook 2003 as part of the Office Professional upgrade.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Bob Cooley

Hi Dave,

Sometimes this is linked to an anti-virus add-in installed in Outlook. How
about trying Outlook in safe mode to see if that helps? Here's how:

1. Close Outlook.
2. Click on Start, Run, then type "outlook.exe /safe" without the quotation
marks.
3. Click OK.

This will start Outlook in Safe mode, which will disable any add-ins. Open
up an e-mail with an attachment and see what happens. If this doesn't
work, then you might try creating a new profile and see what happens as
well.

Regards,

Bob Cooley, MCSE
Supportability Program Manager
Consumer Platforms
& Business Applications
Microsoft Corporation
--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBNYXJzaA==?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Can't open attachment
| Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:21:05 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| When I attempt to open a message attachment (a JPG file), I get the
option to either Open it or Save it. Saving it works fine, but if I try to
Open it, I get the message "The system cannot find the path specified." If
I double-click on the saved image, it opens fine in Jasc Paint Shop Photo
Album, my default program for viewing JPG files. I am using Outlook 2003 as
part of the Office Professional upgrade.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Bob Cooley, MCSE