Can't Launch IE 6.0

John Buffi

When I try to launch ie 6.0 it flashes the icon in the task
bar and then quits, I can not launch it. I have tried to
remove IE 6.0 and reinstall - but it won't let me - it
keeps saying I have a newer version installed after
removing it.

HELP!

Chelovek

Salam Aleykum, John!
in bygone message you wrote on Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:37:19 -0800:

JB>When I try to launch ie 6.0 it flashes the icon in the task
JB>bar and then quits, I can not launch it. I have tried to
JB>remove IE 6.0 and reinstall - but it won't let me - it
JB>keeps saying I have a newer version installed after
JB>removing it.

And did you try any other browsers? if yes, how did they acquit?

With best wishes, -=David=- aka Chelovek C*
ICQ # 273652554
Digits in e-mail address are for spamers

andy

i don't know what the problem is, but i'm having the same
problem-- i uninstalled and reinstalled ie and even did a
system restore to before it happened, but it still won't
work-- it's solely a problem w/ ie because other things,
like windows media player online and my juno dialup
connection, both work fine.

John Buffi

I am using Netscape Navigator 7.1 just fine as well as AOL.
My connection is fine, just can't use IE 6.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

John Buffi said:
I am using Netscape Navigator 7.1 just fine as well as AOL.
My connection is fine, just can't use IE 6.

First, remove any malware.
See
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

If that doesn't fix it, the second method in this artcle works on earlier
versions of Windows. Make sure your anti-virus is turned off.
How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378