Can't get to google ( Squire ) page redirected.

G

HI,
I am usually helping people out with problems but this time i have a problem. o.k any time a user in my company go to google.ca or google.com its redirected to some other page. I also deleted the cookies and empty out the temp interent files. from my resarech i found it was something called the SQuire program or sort of bug which gets installed on your computer and redirects your page. i installed AD ware to remove it. it found nothing. I also did the latest update from microsoft still nothing. from the website they told me to go and delete the enteries of squire from the registry still the same. from the only option it looks like is to reimage the machine but would like to solve it rather. so open to new advice

S

Steven L Umbach

There are worms/trojans going around that in addition to other things, create entries
in the hosts file to cause this behavior. You may want to do trojan/virus scan. ---
Steve

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.qhosts.html

Mr. Anderson said:
HI,
I am usually helping people out with problems but this time i have a problem. o.k
any time a user in my company go to google.ca or google.com its redirected to some
other page. I also deleted the cookies and empty out the temp interent files. from my
resarech i found it was something called the SQuire program or sort of bug which gets
installed on your computer and redirects your page. i installed AD ware to remove it.
it found nothing. I also did the latest update from microsoft still nothing. from the
website they told me to go and delete the enteries of squire from the registry still
the same. from the only option it looks like is to reimage the machine but would like
to solve it rather. so open to new advice

G

Wow thanks guys, I will try it.
On a different note can't wait for the Matrix 3,
Thanks

Ask a Question