Can't delete shortcut

Ron Yuen

Help!

I created a shortcut to my desktop last night from a web-site and now WIN2K
won't let me delete it! It gives me a message that the file name is invalid
or to long. I tried to rename the file but it still gives me the same
message. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

-Ron

Pegasus \(MVP\)

- Start a Command Prompt (Start / Run / cmd {OK})
- Type these commands:
cd \documents*
cd Ron (Instead of "Ron", type your logon account name)
cd desktop
- Type this command:
dir /x *.lnk
- Note the short file name for your shortcut. It will have a tilde (~) in
it.
- Type this command:
del xxxxx~1.lnk (xxxxx~1.lnk is the short file name for your shortcut)

[...]

dcdon

My man Pegasus flying, after a little of the juice? Or, are you smoking
something else?
hehe

--
:blush:)
don

"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane 34 . komm> wrote in message
Alright, we had you the first three times, Pegasus. :p

Ray at home