Access Can't Access Old Password Protected Xp Account!

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,

I'm new here and I 've an access problem to my password protected Xp account but it's a little bit different problem,I'll try to explain it briefly.

My computer crashed and technical service rescued my documents (they told so).and they gave my documents as one file (which represents my old password protected xp account) to me in my old harddisk. Also I bought new harddisk extra.

So now in my old harddisk, my old account seems to be as a file which I can't access because it was password protected xp account at past.
Can anyone suggest me what can I do to access that file?? I hope I explained clearly.

If you can help me I'll appreciate sooooo much!Thanks.

Pinar

Reaction score
aycapinar said:
Hello to everyone,

I'm new here and I 've an access problem to my password protected Xp account but it's a little bit different problem,I'll try to explain it briefly.

My computer crashed and technical service rescued my documents (they told so).and they gave my documents as one file (which represents my old password protected xp account) to me in my old harddisk. Also I bought new harddisk extra.

So now in my old harddisk, my old account seems to be as a file which I can't access because it was password protected xp account at past.
Can anyone suggest me what can I do to access that file?? I hope I explained clearly.

If you can help me I'll appreciate sooooo much!Thanks.

Pinar

Who's technical service?

Reaction score
Technical service is one of local service in here which they sell computer products and we bought our computer from there.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Did you "password protect" your files on the 'old' hard disk?

If so, you may have trouble.

You need to take back control of those files ... log-in in 'safe mode' and use the unprotected Administers account ... To boot into 'safe mode' reboot your machine. Just after the system beep, press F8 several times.

Don't worry on how your screen looks ... log in using the "Administrator" account, there will be no password ... easy to brake into XP isn't it.

Login and Press 'No' at the prompt, asking if you would like to continue using System Restore Mode and continue on to the hard drive and see if you can regain access.

If you password protected the Admin accout, then this may not work. ;)

Reaction score
Yes,the old hard disk had a "password protected" account. Now the old account is only a file in system.
and as you understood new system is seperated into two, one of is the old one the other one is new. so if I do these, don't I access to my new account settings? or how should I choose old harddisk?? Sorry I'm confused.:blush:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're saying ...

Try this,
First disable Simple 'file sharing' if it is not already: Go to ... My Computer / Tools / Folder Options / View tab ... Scroll to the bottom of the list of advanced settings and un-check "Use Simple File Sharing" (Recommended) & Click OK.

Next go to the drive and right click on it, and select Properties / Security tab / Advanced button / Owner tab / Select a new owner from the list and put a check in Replace owner on sub containers and objects, click /Ok /Ok

:thumb:

Ask a Question