Canon Pixma IP4500

Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
sealing filler holes

I started sealing the holes with the rubber stoppers supplied in the bulk ink kits.... useless! Next idea was a 3 cm length of electrical insulation tape pulled tight up one side across the top and down the other side. being waterproof and airtight if rubbed well down it seals very well and is very easy to pull off for the next refill. Ensure the tank is absolutely dry using a tissue before applying and always use a new strip of tape - I've found it reliable!
Good luck... Does anyone know if the IP4500 tanks can be refilled before they run out without having to lose the warranty & ink monitoring?

ac said:
I tend to print a lot of photos due to the cheap replacement carts I can
get. So I suppose the printer does get heavier than normal use.

The breakdown was mainly my fault due to over zealous removal of wire that
had become entangled in the mechanism. Result a broken piece of plastic from
the paper loading mechanism. I've had no other problems with the printer and
would buy another one tomorrow if they were still available.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and I think I will have a go at filling
carts for my new IP4500. From what I can gather sealing the filling hole
after the fill can be a problem. I've read that silicone is quite good. Can
anyone confirm this?

news:[email protected]...