Cannot install IE6 SP1 on WinMe

Monte Grant

All apps closed except explorer and systray. Emptied Windows\Temp and
Temporary Internet Files (less cookies). All other Windows updates already
installed.

Following Windows Update exclusive item install attempt, I get...

1. Setup was unable to install all the components. Please close all
applications and try running setup again.

(click ok)

2. You must restart computer to complete installation

(click ok - reboot)

3. Desktop popup: Resume windows setup - Choice: Resume or From Beginning

(try either way)

4. Setup was unable to install all the components. Please close all
applications and try running setup again.

Nick

PA Bear

[Crossposting eliminated]

To assure a clean install, your anti-virus application should be disabled
and all other running processes closed before installing anything, including
Windows Updates.

Did you by chance reinstall WinME after having upgraded to IE6 SP1 before?

PA Bear said:
[Crossposting eliminated]

To assure a clean install, your anti-virus application should be disabled
and all other running processes closed before installing anything, including
Windows Updates.

Did you by chance reinstall WinME after having upgraded to IE6 SP1 before?

I'm having the same problem. I hd the problem before & just gave up loading
IE6. I recently installed Money '03, which requires IE6, and it apparently
loaded as part of the setup. Irecently reinstalled Win ME, & lost IE6. It
won't install w/ Money, from a disc or from a download. I've shutdown
Antivirus & firewall programs with no luck. I'm stuck because Money will no
longer work. Ideas?

oops!!

Go to My Computer - Tools - Folder Options - View:
- Select "Show hidden files and folders", click Apply - OK

Create a folder named "Old uninstall".

Go to folder C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/Uninstall Information.

Now Edit - Select All - Cut all files.

Open "Old uninstall" folder and paste the files.

You will now be able to install all the troublesome components.

If everything works as expected, you can delete the "Old Uninstall" folder
and the files you moved.

Good luck,

Zee

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

oops!! said:
Go to My Computer - Tools - Folder Options - View:
- Select "Show hidden files and folders", click Apply - OK

Create a folder named "Old uninstall".

Go to folder C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/Uninstall Information.

Now Edit - Select All - Cut all files.

Open "Old uninstall" folder and paste the files.

You will now be able to install all the troublesome components.

If everything works as expected, you can delete the "Old Uninstall" folder
and the files you moved.

Good luck,

Zee

oops!!