Can WD or the Malicious software removal tool remove "PSGUARD"?

Discussion in 'Spyware Discussion' started by Guest, Jun 24, 2006.

    I have found PSGUARD everywhere in my registry and can not even delete that
    crap. I am pretty much convinced that it is blocking my abilty to activate my
    windows firewall. I am running winXP Pro sp2.

    WD detected it once but did not remove it. I have the Microsoft Anti spyware
    beta and it found it on every search and showed it to remove and I always
    clicked to remove it but obviously it never did.

    I am not sure if the malicious software removal tool can be used because it
    never finds the PSGUARD. AVG software claims to be able to remove it but it
    don't.

    Like a bad dream there PSGUARD still sits in my registry and will not delete.

    How can this crap be removed. I figured Microsoft surely has the know how to
    romove this pain in the ass program.

    --
    LordHavoc

    Guest, Jun 24, 2006

  2. LordHavoc wrote:

    > I have found PSGUARD everywhere in my registry and can not even delete
    > that crap. I am pretty much convinced that it is blocking my abilty to
    > activate my windows firewall. I am running winXP Pro sp2.
    >
    > WD detected it once but did not remove it. I have the Microsoft Anti
    > spyware beta and it found it on every search and showed it to remove and
    > I always clicked to remove it but obviously it never did.
    >
    > I am not sure if the malicious software removal tool can be used because
    > it never finds the PSGUARD. AVG software claims to be able to remove it
    > but it don't.
    >
    > Like a bad dream there PSGUARD still sits in my registry and will not
    > delete.
    >
    > How can this crap be removed. I figured Microsoft surely has the know how
    > to romove this pain in the ass program.

    See:
    "How To Remove The Smitfraud / Psguard / Virtualmaid, Self-Help Guide"

    --
    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional

    Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP], Jun 24, 2006

    Dave M Guest

    Families Cleaned by the Malicious Software Removal Tool
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/families.mspx
    --

    Regards, Dave

    Dave M, Jun 25, 2006