can not log onto my computer...HELP!!

A

anonymous

Hey, I can not log onto my other computer. i was trying
to setup different log-ins for each person in my family.
i went to test this and when i tryed to put in my
password it said that it was invalid. so right now i'm
stuck. if there is a loop-hole that can do this for me
and i don't know about it then please help!

thanks,
Guy who needs computer lessons

G

Hi

There is no loop-hole. When you installed windows 2000 it asked you for a password for administrator. You need to use this with the username administrator to log in.
Other than that, you need to keep trying your new passwords!

Regards
Dan

G

Actually there is a loop hole for this this. but u need to log on as administrator and change the passwords. if that doesn't work then open the computer case and on the motherboard there should be a battery (hard to miss it) pop it out then put it back in make sure u don't touch the battery because it won't work after u do because of the grese of muman hands.

G

I wouldn't suggest fiddling with the CMOS battery, this will only affect a BIOS set password not a windows user password.

But as spencer stated you may be able to access the administrator account if this is not one of the password you changed. To do this restart the computer in safe mode (keep tapping F8 when you turn computer on and select option 3 -Safe Mode)

Ask a Question