can i recover unsaved documents in any way?

Kirill

umm... i made some documets a week ago and I forgot to
save a few of them. Is there any way that I can somehow
recover these files? if it's complex, I can probably do
it, but i really need those .docs. PLease help.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Sorry Kirill,

You're way out of luck.

Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded
directly to me will only be answered on a consulting basis.

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

MP

You can try one of the free recovery programs (do Google
search) which could let you recover all or parts of
the .doc files as plain text.

Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Office 2007

Go to:
C:\Documents and Settings\your_Admin_NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Word

your_Admin_NAME= your comp's name

and there is .asd file

Easy :))):)

Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
emil.novy said:
Go to:
C:\Documents and Settings\your_Admin_NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Word

your_Admin_NAME= your comp's name

and there is .asd file

Easy :))):)

Had to register here just to say Thank You to emil.novy for posting this. Just had a catastrophe at work and Googled a way to recover unsaved Excel documents, found this for Word, and gave it a try. Don't know who you are or if you will see this but you're a lifesaver.
bowdown.gif

Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Had to register here just to say Thank You to emil.novy for posting this AS WELL, I lost an AutoCAD drawing I spent 2hrs drawing...you saved my life as well! =)

Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I went there, and i got a .as$ file instead of a .asd with today's date, and i can't open that one. how can i access it?

Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Help for a price? hmmm...

Well Mr. High & Mighty Doug Robbins MS Word MVP...
bowdown.gif

To tell someone you would only help on a consulting basis... and I'm sure for a fee was a pretty crappy way to respond to their plea for help.

I spent FIVE hours looking for guidance with recovering an important Word document I mistakenly deleted and the last important page was not saved. I've also learned not to trust those trial downloads and something told me the solution, if possible, was not complicated. Looking for a way to help myself, I stumbled on this site and your reply.

Guess what, it took you SEVEN lines (of varying lengths) to write a rather insensitive and rude reply when someone wrote you for help when you could have taken far less time to write ONE stink'n line with the simple answer. That's assuming you even knew the answer.

Luckly, there were a few people on here kind enough to offer correct information.

You must have flunked MS Word MVP "consulting" school. Any professional knows that at times, you give help for the little things to EARN and build credibility. This way they get a "sample" of your expertise, your bedside charm (also lacking) and you've truly earned their business and the right to charge them a fee for your services.

That grateful person will more than likely come back to you for the bigger ticket more in-dept help at another time and probably wouldn't hesitate to pay your consulting fee.

But you wouldn't know this because most likely you slept through the part of the MS Word MVP consulting training... you know, the part where they teach you as a professional MS MVP how to market your services and win customers. The big MS title doesn't buy your much respect. How you treat people does.

Time for you to return to MS school for a refresher course. Word of advice... stay awake this time. ;)

Beej27

Doug Robbins - Word MVP said:
Sorry Kirill,

You're way out of luck.

Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded
directly to me will only be answered on a consulting basis.

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Kirill" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> umm... i made some documets a week ago and I forgot to
> save a few of them. Is there any way that I can somehow
> recover these files? if it's complex, I can probably do
> it, but i really need those .docs. PLease help.

Last edited: