Can I open an access database with criteria using a hyperlink?

I was wondering if it is possible to create a hyperlink which opens a
specific Access database and navigates to a specific form, then filters it
out based on specific criteria specified in that hyperlink? The only way I
could figure out how to achieve the same result was by creating a macro which
filters the form for every set, and then hyperlink to its shortcut. The
problem with this is that I would need to create around 2000 macros. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Joseph R. Pottschmidt

Dear jshep:

It sounds like what you want to do is to be able to build a criteria
based on settings that the user would choose and then have that return
records based on what that criteria is?

If yes, the best way to do that is to create a Select query and have all
those be attached to a unbound control on the form. This way you can
create any number of combinations and also be able to create rules
between controls on the form so that you can select what it is that you
want and then have the results based on a report or form.

Sounds logical?

If you need more specifics, please include more detail as to how you
have everything setup.

Joe P.