Windows XP Can anyone enlighten me on this...

Reaction score
i have just purchased pyro cdr/rw/dvdrw burning software but it wont install on my system. im using:
WINXP SP1
DirectX 9.0c

now when i install pyro it wont continue setting up unless it install directX 8.1 first. it does not even detect that i have a higher version installed. tried reinstalling it a couple of times but still same thing. well i have no way of uninstall derectX 9.0c on my pc and even if i have a way of removing it, why wont it detect that i have a higher version..

Reaction score
I don't know, but maybe the software you are trying to install is older than the direct X, so that it cannot detect a older version, it can only detect versions made before it

if you know what i mean!

Reaction score
this version that i have is the 2003 version so i would say it's pretty new right.. anyway im going back to the pc shop where i bought this thing and i'll go get a refund and maybe treat myself to a new mobo.. hehehe but still bithers me could there be something wrong with my pc??

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
As Techy said ... it should offer you the option of installing DX, don't worry XP will not let it over-write any inportant files ... if it does not offer the option to install then it should be on that CD somewhere.

Then, if need be, you can re-install DX9c

:thumb:

A clasic example of bad software writing. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
:thumb:

A clasic example of bad software writing. :rolleyes:
yeah i agree with you on this one...
BTW i also purchased the 2004 version of Pyro and tried it... it sucks... takes forever to write cd's (even just documents.... ) well i found this cool software on the net. ots called GearPro and its way cooler that pyro.

Ask a Question