Windows 7 Task bar icons missing

Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried to install a shell DLL in Windows7 using innosetup (installation script). To apply the shell changes I have restarted the explorer by using batch file (during installation).

It seems working on WindowsXP and Windows2003 without any issue. But in Windows7 once the explorer restarted all the taskbar icons like skype, google talk,.. (except Network and Audio icons) are closed. But all those applications are running fine. Even I click on the particular application (say skype) in start menu, it wont appear on taskbar. Only way is, need to stop the application in taskbar and again start it.

Is there any way to fix this.

Note:

I am running the installer with admin rights. Also I have tried to run the following commands in Windows7 'Administrator Command Prompt' to restart the explorer.

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe explorer.exe

The same results happen. All the icons are closed in taskbar. But if I start the explorer via taskmanager this issue wont occur.

Note sure whether it is related to my installation setup (the same commands I am using in my batch file and used to run during installation)

Is there any way to fix this issue.?? I want to install without closing the taskbar icons..

thanks in Advance..

Ask a Question