Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Discussion Thread

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
Flops...i have a spare copy PS3 ..yours for £20 inc P+P coz i like you :)

pm m8

That's really very very nice of you but I don't have a PS3 - yet.

Haven't even got a telly yet, lol

But I do apreciate the offer though - thank you :)

Me mate Roy will have it off you though I expect if you're interested, I'll buy it on his behalf if you want, PM me.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Deal done m8...will post it to you tommorrow ..its even boxed and sealed lol lol

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Played a bit today and keep getting ambushed in the blizzard 2nd part..I am toss at this all fingers and thumbs :) ..

In the first part though i am defo gung-ho and take the troops forward and take all flak and flesh shots before clearing the town :nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you play the PS3 one or the PC one Rush?

It's good fun isn't it :D I tried a little bit of the multiplayer game yesterday and keep getting my ass kicked! I like the multiplayer levelling up system as it adds a little bit of an incentive each time you play - even if I am rubbish at it :lol:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
The PS3 version Ian, the wifi is in the Capital today so i will assign the kids objectives and tire out the puppy then i`m in the blizzard again sneeking acrosss frozen runways. Looks like a good day in store :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I finished the SP last night. It was ok, kinda cool. But i'm all about the MP. :D

sem1ya.jpg

23icco9.jpg

j8pr2q.jpg

I wont post anymore in case i spoil the end. :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
hahahahah tried MP today with what seemed like a pea shooter ..against a US attack helicopter ...lamb to the slaughter lol lol lol

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Your pic 1 looks like where i am i stuck....cannot find find any more RPG gunners and am defending the building...sniper rifle doesn`t see anything :wall:

Reaction score
I didn't get that game cos i signed the petition.....by the way, for the folks that signed, did ya's take your signature from the list, i wonder......didn't think so.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this and - I'm not going to buy it. For now. I've been going through a moral dilemma and I did sign the petition so no, not for me. And besides that the single player looks to only be about five minutes long so probably not worth the money.

I'm playing a lot of Fallout 3, have Call Of Juarez Bound in Blood arriving soon (£15.00 inc) and of course there's still CoD 4 & 5 online to play - complete with mods and custom maps.

I have always maintained that I'd always buy my games and have never felt cheated as for the money PC games provide hours of cheap entertainment but Infinity Ward have gone some way to changing my POV.

When and if I see CoDMW2 going cheap I may buy it, but until then - no.

I must confess to feeling more comfortable with myself having made that decision :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I had my sister + partner staying with us for the weekend, and Jason brought MW2 for the PS3 for us to play on. I'm really impressed with how well it works on the PS3, as I'm usually all thumbs when it comes to using the controllers.

Finished the single player on the PC, and it was pretty short, but fun. It looks like there will be a MW3 coming out at some point ;)

I'm sure you'll be able to pick it up cheap early next year Flops, so once you've finished your current batch of games it will be just the right time :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have just come back from Tescos at Surrey Quays (Rotherhithe) and the PC version is £29.70 in there. I also noted that Tescos are selling Fallout 3 GOTY edition for £5.00 less than I paid Play.com for it :(

And I ordered it last Thursday along with Call Of Juarez Bound in Blood. COJBIB has been posted (Friday) but F3GOTY has not been posted to me yet. Sometimes you just wanna kick yourself, lol

As my original Fallout 3 is now wrapped up and waiting to be sent on it's way oop North I need to find a way of playing the game without the disk in the drive. Having searched, it would appear there is a legal way but it does look a tad complicated. Here we go.

As I can't get the QuickLaunch bar to stay put in Win 7 - it keeps disappearing about every third boot - I wrote out a list of games I have installed within Win 7 - it's 38 :eek: That should keep me busy :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I love this game...graphics are jaw dropping..(oblivious to the petition and what its about). am about 25% through 1 player and i am hooked.

Visually its awesome ,and for gameplay its so addictive...

:) from me ..

wish i didn`t sell cod4mw1 on the xbox could have refined me aim

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And also a ton of cheats prevalent already, lol

Do they think they may have made a mistake? :lol:

pillocks

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As it 'appens, I've just had a very enjoyable hour playing CoD5 online.

Sometimes you're lucky enough to get a good bunch of guys who are all more or less the same skill level as yourself.

No idiots present, just good-mannered peeps.

15 slots and I came placed 5th to 8th for the whole hour but thoroughly enjoyed myself :)

Sometimes it just happens that way.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've read that there are some cheats about already, so I hope they can get things patched quickly!

Has anyone tried the Special-Ops missions? Some of them are really good fun, but damn hard! I'm on to the one with sentry turrets in Charlie, where you have to defend against 5 waves of enemies. It's so damn hard as single player!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
There was a WH that bypassed VAC on the day of release. lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll use that excuse to blame by poor performance :lol:

Have you tried the special-ops campains?

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Finished the solo campaign this morning..about 7hrs gameplay in total , and tried the special ops...just reiterates 1 thing when playing it though.

I am Crap :wave:

Ask a Question