Ca etrust

Reaction score
Please help me
I recently removed ca etrust anti virus software or so i thought there are no traces of the programe that i can see but when i installed mcafee security it thinks it is still installed, so i am not getting the full benefit of it can anyone tell me how to remove any old files so this does not happen again thanks

Reaction score
How did you remove it? Through its own uninstaller, through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel or did you delete the eTust folder? My present computer came with eTrust pre-installed and as I didn't want it I uninstalled through add/remove. If there is anything left of eTrust I am not aware of any problem as such.

I would reinstall the programme and then remove through its own uninstaller or through Add/Remove Programs.

Also CCleaner is useful in removing unwanted files and registry entries. Go to:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Reaction score
MalcolmW said:
How did you remove it? Through its own uninstaller, through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel or did you delete the eTust folder? My present computer came with eTrust pre-installed and as I didn't want it I uninstalled through add/remove. If there is anything left of eTrust I am not aware of any problem as such.

I would reinstall the programme and then remove through its own uninstaller or through Add/Remove Programs.

Also CCleaner is useful in removing unwanted files and registry entries. Go to:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

My computer also came with it pre installed so i dont have the disc i don't know what version it is i can't tell,i have tryed installing a version i got online but then the mcafee anti virus thought i had two programs running.
When i removed the programe at first i made the mistake of deleting the e trust file thanks for your reply i will try the link.

Ask a Question