Candi

When I open Outlook I get the following error:

Runtime Error!

Progam: C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\Outlook.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate
it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's
support team for more information.

I have already tried to run a repai and to uninstall and
reinstall and I still get the same error. Any ideas?

B

BILLY G

I GET THE SAME MESSAGE, BUT IT HAS ONLY STARTED SINCE I
UPGRADED TO NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004
TRIED NUNEROUS UNINSTALL AND REINSTALLS.
THE MESSAGE ONLY APPEARS THE FIRST TIME I OPEN OUTLOOK
AFTER I LOG ON AFTER THAT IT OPENS OK

G

Same problem here Norton 2004- only first time and then cured......surely someone knows a solutiion?

G

I am getting basically the same error message. This article doesn't solve the problem because I am unable to keep Outlook open--the dialog box prevents me from clicking on anything within Outlook, and when I close the dialog box the program terminates. I have Norton virus protection so I suppose this is the problem for me too, but how can I adjust the settings in Outlook if I can't even keep the program open?

Marcus

G

I'm having this same problem (running Windows XP, Outlook 2000, and I have Norton). This article doesn't solve it, because I cannot do anything in Outlook. The dialog box pops up when I open the app, and the application terminates as soon as I close the dialog box. So how else can I get into Outlook to change the settings if I can't even keep the program open?

Marcus

Ask a Question