Burning WMA to cd with folders

G

I am having trouble burning WMA files to CD. I have a head unit in my car that supports WMA. I would like to burn the WMA files to the disc and organize the files in folders. I can do it via drag and drop but the sound quality doesn't seem as good. The files burn good down it's just that I would like to be able to scroll through folders instead of 200 songs!!

G

I have been working with the same type of problem writing mp3 files to disks for non computer friends with portable disk players. There seem to be a lot of factors involved. Some of the music software will automatically record data cds into actual folders created by the option you choose. The program generally gets the information from the tags imbedded in the files. The important thing (at least for me) was understanding that the words "album" and "folder" sometimes mean the same thing. I burned cds creating folders on my hard drive named 1, 2, 3, etc and putting different songs into each folder. Some of the players would read that and display "folder 1, 2, 3," and let you navigate folder to folder and song to song in folders with ease. Those numbers could have been album names. The trouble is some cd players are set up to read the information imbedded in the music file tags which have a field named "album". Also some players will read playlist files that have been added to the collection on the disk (m3u files) and will play them according in an order by reading the play list. Best thing for me was to to look at the burned disk (or other portable device ) and see on my computer screen see how the folder structure looks and then play the music and see how your device interprets that structure for easy navigation.

Ask a Question