    protected. The imported song is in a WAV file, and I have to burn it then
    rip it back to have a smaller WMA file on my computer. Other imported songs
    worked fine. What can I do.

    Bill Chrisco, Dec 8, 2007

  2. Bill Chrisco

    theplectrum Guest

    "Bill Chrisco" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I try to burn songs that I have imported off of a tape, I get an x in
    > red dot next to the title of the song. The info says it can't burn
    > because
    > the length is not known, and playing the song first may help. This did
    > not
    > help. I checked the properties of the song and it stated that it was not
    > protected. The imported song is in a WAV file, and I have to burn it
    > then
    > rip it back to have a smaller WMA file on my computer. Other imported
    > songs
    > worked fine. What can I do.

    What software are you using to record off a tape ?

    Try this :

    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    You can then convert it to mp3 format, it can't do wma files.

    Goldwave can record froom tape and then copnvert to wma files. However
    Audacity is free, Goldwave is paying, but worth it.

    http://www.goldwave.com/

    There are others available on the web - Google for free wave to wma
    converters.

    Cheers,
    Jerry

    theplectrum, Dec 9, 2007