Burning DVD's to watch on television

Reaction score
Hi,

first time I've posted so here goes!

Using Windows movie maker I am taking camcorder footage from the camcorder to the pc. Then using Nero I want to burn the camcorder footage to a DVD to then watch on a TV. So far I been able to do this but when I put the DVD into the DVD player its cant read it. Any suggestions??

thanks

Reaction score
Hey and welcome to PCReview :wave:

Windows Movie Maker and Nero should do the trick... unless you've burned a data disc?
You would be better off using Nero Vision for the encoding to DVD..

If your disc was successfully burned - then your DVD player may not be compatible with your media!
Post the make/model of your player so we can confirm this.

Once you get this sorted, it's a very straight forward process. :thumb:

Reaction score
thanks for the reply,

make and model of player? do you mean the DVD player? If so its a Sony DVD player about 6 years old. I can confirm the model later.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have a four year old Toshiba SD-220E stand alone DVD player that happily plays all burned DVD's in -R format but won't play +R DVD's at all.

It also plays mp3 CD's just fine.

Some older players don't like +R DVD's and are sometimes fussy about which brand of DVD-R is used.

Try changing your media and if not using -R, try one.

Reaction score
Still not happening,

If we could go back to the start! Using Windows Movie Maker, which option should I select.

1. Best quality for playback on my computer
2. Digital device format
3. Other settings (and if so which one?)

Thanks for your anticipated patience!!!

Ask a Question