Building a new pc

Reaction score
For the price YES! but some things may not be available now so look for the equivelent;)

Reaction score
Would a 128mb X3300SE gfx card be a better choice, as i have one lying about not being used. I think its PCI or maybe PCI-E, which could mean changing the motherboard wouldnt it?

Reaction score
If have a 128mb x330 lying around, definately just keep that and don't bother with the 64mb 9250. It should be a better card. And if you have to get a PCI-e board - brilliant; you might have to revise your choice, but you'll get a better and more future proof PC out of it.

EDIT: If you save that money on not buying a graphics card, you could think about getting the Asrock socket 939 dual sata2, and an Opteron 144, at a push....

Last edited:
Reaction score
i'm looking to build a pc too. if i wanna stick to this spec, i'm assuming i'll need to buy winXP?

Reaction score
Some dirty, nasty, horrible people consider borrowing a copy off their mate, and using a CD-Key from the side of a PC in Staples/PCworld or a public library.

But that would be illegal and disrespectable. I mean, Microsoft are desperate for money so that they can plant gardens and feed small African children....

Reaction score
tomsega said:
Some dirty, nasty, horrible people consider borrowing a copy off their mate, and using a CD-Key from the side of a PC in Staples/PCworld or a public library.

But that would be illegal and disrespectable. I mean, Microsoft are desperate for money so that they can plant gardens and feed small African children....

I get XP Pro legally through a microsoft scheme they run with out computing department at uni.

Reaction score
UPDATE: I now have £350 max to spend, but i basically need everything keyboard, mouse monitor(crt) etc. Like i said before, just for office, odd game, and internet which would have to be wireless though. I have a X300SE card, so not sure if that will do the job for childrens games, not anything like counter strike.

Thanks again, i may actually get round to building it this time ;)

Ask a Question