Windows XP Browsers and passwords

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
it suddenly occured to me that i have a lot of websites that automatically log me in and i dont really know how it works

does the information get stored in a cookie? or somewhere else? if someone were to copy them could they access my accounts for example say i copied the cookie for this site to another PC would i be able to log in without a problem??

bit random i know but was just wondering, i know FF has its password store and i assume IE7 has its own as well but how secure are thoses and could they be copied from PC to PC??

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Anything stored on a PC, can be accessed, manipulated and used against you.

Anything connected to the Internet has NO privacy, this includes PCs.

The End :thumb:

:user:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
so is it possible to extract login details from a cookie is what i'm trying to get at? do some websites hide the login details etc somewhere other than that for security reasons ?

Reaction score
You might be interested in this extract from the decription of a piece of $28 software. I am not giving the name or link.

"The most poweful and complete Internet Explorer passwords recovery utility in the net. It can recover ALL types of Internet Explorer passwords: IE cached credentials, FTP saved passwords, IE autoform and autocomplete fields, IE autocomplete passwords, IE synchronization passwords, Identity passwords, and Content advisor password."

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have turned of password saving in IE7 and FF and use Roboform for non critical sign ins , critical sign ins I keep in my memory . Thats why humans have brains , besides its good to use it every now and again . Use it or loose it as they say .

:p
happywave.gif

Ask a Question