Bootracer

Reaction score
captain zed said:
As i'm always watching out for free software to post ont forum for ya's i thought i'd throw this one into the ring, cos a lot of folks are switching to windows 7.....just trying to be helpful, as ever.

http://www.greatis.com/bootracer/screenshots.htm

Sorry Captain Zed, but this downlaoad is nowt but a scam...You download the sh*t then install it, it teks forever to do what it is peretending to do. Then you do like I did and minimze the fram only to bbe met with some cr*p saying you need to go here, which directs you to the site below

http://users.software.informer.com/guest_98045490/updates/

Zed you are a good man, your intentions are really good, but in my honest opinion unless you have actually installed the software and run it yourself and have either sh*t or good reviews about it, don't bother posting it. Besides with my machine setup, from power on till I can actually do owt on the tinternet takes around 35 seconds with Windos 7, so why would I need cr*p software to tell me that..I know already..I can fricking se it happening...:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I may have mentioned this before but my mate Roy is a sucker for this type of rubbish.

He's always looking for something for free to 'sort his computer out'.

What he's only now coming to realise is that if he didn't install so much crap his computer wouldn't need sorting out. I've lost count of the amoount of reinstalls I've done for him.

When I built his i7 machine I told him he's on his own, he messes up he has to sort it himself.

So far, so good.

And I only weaned him off Nortons just over a year ago.... :rolleyes:

So, let this be a warning, unless freebie (or paid for, for that matter) software is recommended by one or more long standing forum members here - beware.

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Sorry Captain Zed, but this downlaoad is nowt but a scam...You download the sh*t then install it, it teks forever to do what it is peretending to do. Then you do like I did and minimze the fram only to bbe met with some cr*p saying you need to go here, which directs you to the site below

http://users.software.informer.com/guest_98045490/updates/

Zed you are a good man, your intentions are really good, but in my honest opinion unless you have actually installed the software and run it yourself and have either sh*t or good reviews about it, don't bother posting it. Besides with my machine setup, from power on till I can actually do owt on the tinternet takes around 35 seconds with Windos 7, so why would I need cr*p software to tell me that..I know already..I can fricking se it happening...:p

:blush::blush::blush: again.
Sorry MadX....i thought cos ya's all are switching over to Windows 7 lately it may be a handy tool to have.
You are right though....i wont post any more freebies until i have them well n truly tested.
I never had any bad intentions.....i love this forum and its members.
Apologies to all.

Reaction score
captain zed said:
:blush::blush::blush: again.
Sorry MadX....i thought cos ya's all are switching over to Windows 7 lately it may be a handy tool to have.
You are right though....i wont post any more freebies until i have them well n truly tested.
I never had any bad intentions.....i love this forum and its members.
Apologies to all.

Zedwe know you don't have bad intentions mate..YOu're a good fellaby heart, just your choice in freebies sucks..I mean come on, why would I want to install a bit of software which in its own is a resource hogger, just to tell me how quick my machine boots ? I know how quick it goes cause I is sat infront of it...LOL

Ask a Question