Boot up problems!

GSX

Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm having a problem with my old machine (pentium 4, 512mb ram, 40 gig hard drive running XP). It's refusing to boot up. I get the initial screen checking for drives etc., the post beep and it starts to load XP, then nothing, a blank screen . the computer then continues to constantly restart repeating the same process over and over.
As the machine is several years old I'm thinking that the end has come for it but I dont want to scrap it if there's an easy fix!
Thanks guys.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Have you tried starting in SAFE MODE ?

happywave.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There is no "easy fix" for old age ... I know, bits of me are failing and replacement parts are not available on the national health. :rolleyes:

Save your pennies and buy a new system.

Try above posts first. ;)

:user:

GSX

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
I tired to boot in safe mode but it's a no go. There are two sticks of RAM on board so I suppose one could be playing up. This is my old machine which I passed to my daughter when I purchased my lovely new one. I suspect she'd much rather have a nice laptop!

Reaction score
Download a boot cd and use that to boot the pc. At least you could then check the logs to see whats up.

Ask a Question