boot problem

Reaction score
recently bought the following:

512 mb ram
geforce 6200
maxtor hard drive (old drive was corrupt)

on first boot after fitting hardware correctly, we were brought to the screen where it would normally boot from windows xp disc. now it wont boot from the disc, instead it gives us the error:

nvidia boot agent
pxe-e61 media test failure
pxe-m0f exiting nvidia boot agent
DISK BOOT FAILURE PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

we made sure that the windows xp disk was in and pressed enter, but it would continue to repeat the process and give us the same error each time. After further investigation we could see that the new hardware wouldnt have enough power to run from the current psu (300W), so we purchased a new one (550 W).

After booting with the new psu it gave us the same error with the first few boots, but now the screen hangs on to:

Building DMI pool data..............................................

basically we are stuck here and we need suggestions.
happy.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
we're going to need some more information, what system is this ? motherboard, CPU, RAM etc ? age ? what disc is it you are using, a recovery disc or a XP install disc ?

Reaction score
CPU : AMD 2400
Motherboard : Nvidia Nforce
RAM : 512 MB 2700 184Pin dimm

The disc im using is a recovery disc.

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
i do not think that that is the correct motherboard i think the nividia nforce is a chipset not a motherboard. Did you build the system yourself or did you buy it from a manufacturer

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i may be wrong about this but i dont think a recovery disc will work because you have changed the system configuration and the recovery partition on the HD is no longer there (thats if it uses one), you'll probably need to buy a new copy of XP if thats the case

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
willandmike said:
recently bought the following:

512 mb ram
geforce 6200
maxtor hard drive (old drive was corrupt)

Building DMI pool data..............................................
You have a problem with the HD ... open the case and make sure you have it set to "master" and that the IDE ribbon cable is secure ... make sure the BIOS is set to "Auto" for the detection of the HD

You will need a "proper" Windows CD :(

Ask a Question