Book1 and Book2

JohnR

Whenever I open Excel I get 2 blank new sheets, Book1 & Book2. If I leave
Personal.XLS unhidden, I get only Book1. I have only 1 Personal.XLS file
and 1 XLStart folder. I'm Using Excel 03 and Windows XP Home

Am I goofy or what?
Any Help?

John

Gord Dibben

John

Not much point in re-posting this in another news group.

All the regulars including Dave monitor all the Excel news groups so you problem
has been seen by all in the other group.

Looks like no one has an answer for you.

I think Dave has run out of ideas and I can't think of anything he hasn't
covered.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

JohnR

JohnR said:
Whenever I open Excel I get 2 blank new sheets, Book1 & Book2. If I leave
Personal.XLS unhidden, I get only Book1. I have only 1 Personal.XLS file
and 1 XLStart folder. I'm Using Excel 03 and Windows XP Home

Am I goofy or what?
Any Help?

John
HOLD ONTO YOUR HAT.

I just did a "Copernic" desktop search, and it brought up a 3 year old
e-mail with "Workbook" in it. After reading it, I recall having a problem a
few years back, with not getting a blank workbook on opening. I guess I
checked the forums, and got this answer:

"
John

From Excel, hit Alt-F11 to open the VBE. On the left side is the Project
Explorer. One of the project listed should be Personal.xls. Expand the
project if necessary and open the folder called Microsoft Excel Objects. In
that folder, there is an object called ThisWorkbook. Double click that and
it will open a code pane for that module. At the top of that code pane,
there are two drop down boxes. From the left one, select Workbook and from
the right select Open (it may select that for you automatically). This will
put the Sub and End Sub statement in the code pane. You type in the rest of
the code.

The ThisWorkbook module is actually a special kind of Class Module. It
already has all the class information coded into it, so you have access to
all of the events.

Let me know if you need more help.

Dick