Boinc + Wcg

Reaction score
Hey,

Can anyone lend a helping hand, just setup a webserver i manage for a good friend to use WCG, as this server is idle 99.9% of the time.

It's running fine, but i changed the hostname to match in with my naming scheme for my home network, but it hasn't changed on the Device List on WCG, any ideas if it will change or whether it will update to display the new hostname or am i going to have to re-register?

Cheers Y'all...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A 'new rig' will show up almost immediately, but it can take up to 24hrs for 'changes' to be reflected.

Is it showing up in your Device Manager over on WCG ?

Reaction score
Yeah but showing a true Linux hostname, it's showing 'webserver.lon.graceofelune.co.uk' i just changed the hostname on the server and in the client_state.xml file to 'IMRIENT-SVRWCG1' so it themes in with my other device names, i'm guessing it'll update when it next requests information from the main WU server.

muckshifter

Reaction score
We'll just have to wait ... whatever, it will still upload results somewhere. :thumb:

:D

Reaction score
It changed Mucks ;)

All done and dusted now, just annoyed with these god damn stats which update so slowly.

It's pathetic... why can't they update Team Stats more often... :(

muckshifter

Reaction score
good ...

ChrisIMRIE said:
It changed Mucks ;)
... why can't they update Team Stats more often... :(
They have to be verified first.

We are all in same boat ... ;)

Ask a Question