Blue Screen Error

G

Until about three days ago my computer was crashing without any warning and then producing an error report stating that it had recovered from a serious error. It stated that this error was caused by an driver on my system. I updated all my drivers I could (display, bios, modem, sound) from the manufacture's website. These errors appear to have now stopped, however I am now reguarly getting blue screen errors (3 tor 4 times a day). The last stop message is shown below

*** stop: 0x0000004E (0x00000099, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

Does anybody have any idea's as to what is causing this. Thanks in advanc

KT

W

Will Denny

Hi KT

See if the following link to MVP Jim Eshelman's web page helps:

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x4e

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| Until about three days ago my computer was crashing without any warning and then producing an error report stating that it had recovered from a serious error. It stated that this error was caused by an driver on my system. I updated all my drivers I could (display, bios, modem, sound) from the manufacture's website. These errors appear to have now stopped, however I am now reguarly getting blue screen errors (3 tor 4 times a day). The last stop message is shown below:
|
| *** stop: 0x0000004E (0x00000099, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
|
| Does anybody have any idea's as to what is causing this. Thanks in advance
|
| KT

W

Will Denny

Hi

Have a look at the following article - it has further links off it.

"KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x8e

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| Thanks, Will. I've looked at that but it hasn't really helped. I've now had another error, this time with the code
|
| STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF870169, 0xEE639CC4
|
| I didn't manage to get the rest before it restarted. Any other ideas?
|
|

G

Will

I tried verything you gave me on the first post and I looked on the link that you gave me on the second, but it is not at those times suggested that it crashes. I have already updated my BIOS and all my drivers are the latest I can get from the manufacturers. My machine has crashed twice in the last ten minutes, with two different stop messages

0xD
0x0

For both of these I didn't have my camera handy so didn't manage to catch the rest of the parameters

Thanks

Ask a Question