    driver errors. These error messages appear new/different but I'm not 100%
    sure.

    Any suggestions?

    Blue faced, Jun 10, 2009

  2. Blue faced

    nass Guest

    "Blue faced" wrote:

    > My Dell Inspiron E1705 with Windows XP Media edition has been crashing about
    > once a day recently with this error code:
    >
    > Stop: 0X00000044 (0X87939670, 0X00000D63, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
    >
    > and the following day:
    >
    > Stop: 0X00000044 (0X875DDD38, 0X00000D63, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
    >
    > I checked all drivers as previous error messages referred to potential
    > driver errors. These error messages appear new/different but I'm not 100%
    > sure.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    This can happen if the following ture:
    1- Bad driver from a recent installed Software which worte a kernel file to
    the system and cauisng this.
    2- Malware/virus which infected this machine.
    3- Bad RAM and you can test the RAM by running a test with the software
    provided at the bottom in this post.
    4- An Antivirus not compatoble with this OS version.
    5- Dying Motherboard
    6- An overheated system.

    You receive a "Stop 0x00000044 Multiple_IRP_Complete_Requests" error message
    on Windows XP Professional
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839619/en-us

    Error Message:

    Have a look in the Event Viewer and send us the error messages you will see
    there in in the event viewer in your next post:
    Open a Notepad, customize or minimize to the taskbar as you will need it
    later for this step to copy the error message on it.
    Open a run command and type in:
    eventvwr.msc click [OK] you will get the Event viewer control Panel.
    click on each of these:
    Application
    System
    Security
    Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red (X) or Yellow
    exclamation mark /!\ , double click each one to get more info about the
    causer.
    On the Event error properties message you will see:
    Up Arrow
    Down arrow
    Two pages
    Click on the two pages to copy the error message then bring up the Notepad
    you opened earlier and right click on the first line and select Paste from
    the list, this will paste the error message on a Notepad.
    Please don't duplicate the error message one of each kind will be sufficient.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427/en-us

    Please we need just the error messages with Red (X) and don't repeat the
    error, just one of each kind and post them back in your next post.

    How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353
    A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/en-us

    Try to use the Verifier.exe command to see which Drivers not Verified on
    your system:
    How to Use Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Windows Drivers
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617/en-us

    The Windows Memory Diagnostic tests the Random Access Memory (RAM) on your
    computer for errors.
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

    HTH,
    nass
    ---
    http://www.nasstec.co.uk

    nass, Jun 11, 2009

  3. Blue faced

    Gerry Guest

    Background information on Stop Error message

    0x00000044: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
    In practice, it is usually a hardware driver issue.
    Source: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

    IoCompleteRequest
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa490590(printer).aspx

    Does the Stop Error occur during or after completion of the boot
    process? Does it ever occur during the boot process?

    What devices do you habitually connect to USB ports? Can you please
    provide a list of makes and models?

    A brief attempt at analysing reports in Google suggests the words DVD
    (not sure whether it's significance is the drive or the software or
    both ). Nokia. Apple and Printer all crop up in significant numbers of
    reports. Remember according to the MSDN Article it is likely that two
    drivers are implicated.

    Can you pin the occurence of the error to a particular activitity.
    Something like printing from another device.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England
    Enquire, plan and execute
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry, Jun 11, 2009
  4. Blue faced

    Blue faced Guest

    RE: Blue screen multiple IRP requests stop: 0X00000044 (0X875DDD38

    Thanks for the responses as I had another blue screen this afternoon. I went
    to the event viewer. There were a number of red error messages going back
    the last few months. Below are the most recent ones from the last two days
    (both application and the system). The ones on the 11th are pretty close to
    the time of my crash. Any thoughts?

    Application errors:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: crypt32
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8
    Date: 6/9/2009
    Time: 9:25:04 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MURPHY
    Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from:
    <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt>
    with error: The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: crypt32
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8

    Date: 6/9/2009
    Time: 9:25:04 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MURPHY
    Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from:
    <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt>
    with error: This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

    System errors:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 6/11/2009
    Time: 2:48:42 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MURPHY
    The SSPORT service failed to start due to the following error:

    Date: 6/11/2009
    Time: 2:48:42 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MURPHY
    The DgiVecp service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the device specified.

    Blue faced, Jun 11, 2009
  5. Blue faced

    Blue faced Guest

    Re: Blue screen multiple IRP requests stop: 0X00000044 (0X875DDD38

    Thanks Gerry. The info on the 0x44 bug code was helpful. It's interesting
    that I get three different IRP addresses in parameter 1 for my last three
    crashes: 0X97030670, 0X875DDD38, 0X877BOE48. I posted the info below if
    interested.

    I connect my Dell Photo AIO Printer 942 consistently through one USB port
    and my iPhone (the old 2G version) off and on during the day on my other USB
    port. I checked the Dell printer driver some time ago and it appeared to be
    up to date.

    Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Can I limp along with this or is
    this really damaging the computer?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Windows Driver Kit: Driver Development Tools
    Bug Check 0x44: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
    The MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS bug check has a value of 0x00000044. This
    indicates that a driver has tried to requested an IRP be completed that is
    already complete.

    Parameters
    The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.

    Parameter Description
    1 The address of the IRP
    2 Reserved
    3 Reserved
    4 Reserved

    Cause
    A driver has called IoCompleteRequest to ask that an IRP be completed, but
    the packet has already been completed.

    Resolving the Problem
    This is a tough bug to find because the simplest case — a driver that
    attempted to complete its own packet twice — is usually not the source of the
    problem. More likely, two separate drivers each believe that they own the
    packet, and each has attempted to complete it. The first request succeeds,
    and the second fails, resulting in this bug check.

    Tracking down which drivers in the system caused the error is difficult,
    because the trail of the first driver has been covered by the second.
    However, the driver stack for the current request can be found by examining
    the device object fields in each of the stack locations.

    Blue faced, Jun 11, 2009
  6. Blue faced

    nass Guest

    RE: Blue screen multiple IRP requests stop: 0X00000044 (0X875DDD38

    Hi,
    (Q) - Event Type: Error
    Event Source: crypt32
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8
    Date: 6/9/2009
    Time: 9:25:04 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MURPHY
    Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from:
    <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt>
    with error: This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

    (A) -Event ID 8 is logged in the Application log
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317541
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    (Q) -System errors:

    Date: 6/11/2009
    Time: 2:48:42 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MURPHY
    The SSPORT service failed to start due to the following error:

    (A) - Open Services control panel and Disable this service there.

    <MS::>
    From: Shain Wray (shainw_at_microsoft.com)

    Hello,

    It looks like this is a driver that is failing to startup - dgivecp.sys.
    It appears to be installed from either ViewAhead’s TeamMFP software or some
    FujiXerox Workcenter app. Either way, as this is not a Microsoft driver,
    then you can disable it if you do not have an application dependency on it.
    You could test this by disabling the driver by doing the following -

    1. Go to Start\Run and type devmgmt.msc
    2. Click on View and choose to Show Hidden Devices
    3. Now click the plus next to Non-Plug and Play Drivers
    4. Do you now see an items listed as DGIVecp? If not, we will have to see
    what this is associated with by going to the registry.

    If we need to go into the registry, go to the following location -

    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
    2. Look for an entry listed as DgiVecp
    3. If you find this, then change the Start data value to 4.
    4. Reboot the system and see if the message is gone.

    Let me know how this goes.

    Best regards,

    --
    Shain Wray
    Microsoft PSS Security Team

    (Q) - Event Type: Error
    Date: 6/11/2009
    Time: 2:48:42 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MURPHY
    The DgiVecp service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the device specified.

    (A) - The same steps as:
    "The SSPORT service failed to start due ...... as above"
    Try to disbale the serice from the Services control panel and see if that
    will solve the issue.

    HTH,
    nass
    ---
    http://www.nasstec.co.uk

    nass, Jun 11, 2009
  7. Blue faced

    Gerry Guest

    Re: Blue screen multiple IRP requests stop: 0X00000044 (0X875DDD38

    Mike

    Your two error reports I think refer to software you removed but have
    left the start-up items behind!

    SSPORT service
    Have you unstalled a blue tooth Serial Solutions product from this
    source?
    http://www.brainboxes.com/content/globalcontent/SerialSolutions.aspx

    DgiVecp service
    dgivecp.sys
    DGIVECP.SYS is Windows NT 4.0 IEEE-1284 parallel class driver for ECP,
    Byte, and Nibble modes.
    Manufacturer: DeviceGuys, Inc.
    http://www.deviceguys.com/

    Use Autoruns to remove the orphaned start-up entries

    To identify what loads when you boot use Autoruns (freeware from
    Microsoft).
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/Autoruns.mspx

    With Autoruns you can uncheck an item, which disables it from
    starting,or you can right click an item and then delete it. If you
    uncheck youcan recheck to re-enable the item. It is a much safer
    approach than editing the Registry and better than using msconfig..
    Another useful feature of the programme is that you can right click an
    item and select Search Online to get information about the item
    selected.

    Event ID: 8
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=8&eventno=1958&source=crypt32&phase=1

    I am not sure that any of the above relate to the BSOD error!

    I think I would uninstall any software relating to the Dell Photo AIO
    Printer 942 and reinstall.

    Also update the drivers
    http://snurl.com/jxvee [support_dell_com]

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England
    Enquire, plan and execute

    Gerry, Jun 12, 2009
  8. Blue faced

    Blue faced Guest

    Re: Blue screen multiple IRP requests stop: 0X00000044 (0X875DDD38

    Thanks Gerry. I reinstalled the printer software and will see if that does
    the trick on the crashes.

    Blue faced, Jun 12, 2009