bloodhound.exploit.6 virus

G

Norton anti-virus found a bloodhound.exploit virus. I followed symantec's instructions and also downloaded the patch for outlook express 6. A dialog box will come up on my desktop saying Norton has found a bloodhound.exploit.6 in my system information\_restore.... Do I need to turn off my system restore and then reboot? Is it safe to turn off system restore?

W

Will Denny

Hi

To delete the virus:

Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab. Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one new SR checkpoint and the virus would have deleted.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| Norton anti-virus found a bloodhound.exploit virus. I followed symantec's instructions and also downloaded the patch for outlook express 6. A dialog box will come up on my desktop saying Norton has found a bloodhound.exploit.6 in my system information\_restore.... Do I need to turn off my system restore and then reboot? Is it safe to turn off system restore?

Ask a Question