    message. Is there a way to prevent a user from physically attaching an
    attachment in Outlook?

    Rory

    Guest, Nov 1, 2007

  2. Rory <> wrote:

    > A user attached a 1.2 GB movie to an email and attempted to send it.
    > On the Exchange backend I have a 150 MB max limit for messages. This
    > limitation works on emails exceeding that limit by dropping the
    > message and sending an NDR. However, that does not prevent the user
    > from trying to send a 1.2 GB message. Is there a way to prevent a
    > user from physically attaching an attachment in Outlook?

    Do you want to prevent all attachments? Your version of Outlook might make
    a difference. Always mention the version when posting.

    You might want to ask in microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba where the
    coders hang out.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Nov 1, 2007

    Brian,

    Thanks. I'll try the other forum too. I am running Outlook 2003 SP2. No,
    we don't want to block any attachments per se just certain sized attachments.
    I can prevent messages over a certain size from being sent on Exchange but
    that does not prevent the user from physically attaching their OS to a
    message and pushing the send button.

    Rory

    Guest, Nov 1, 2007
  4. Rory <> wrote:

    > Thanks. I'll try the other forum too. I am running Outlook 2003
    > SP2. No, we don't want to block any attachments per se just certain
    > sized attachments. I can prevent messages over a certain size from
    > being sent on Exchange but that does not prevent the user from
    > physically attaching their OS to a message and pushing the send
    > button.

    I'd be VERY surprised if you can get that granularity. I would expect that,
    if the ability exists at all, it would be an all-or-nothing approach. There
    are multiple ways to attach something to a message, some of which are basic
    to Windows and not the application, that I don't see how you'd address them
    all.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Nov 2, 2007