Windows XP Blank IE6 Pages

Reaction score
Hey, i have an incredibly frustrating problem that hopefully you guys have had and fixed!! On a PC i was fixing, whenever you click on a link on the internet which requires a new window to be opened, all i get is a white page with nothing in it. I tried everything. I checked all the setting, i installed norton and virus checked, i used adaware and hijack this and installed SP2 and all the additional updates!!

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH IT!! lol. Actually, i dont know why im laughing, its not funny!!!! Please tell me someone knows whats wrong?! COL (Crying out loud!!)

Cheers
Bodhi

Reaction score
Thanks mucks. Ive had a quick look through the two links but couldnt see anything mentioning my problem. I dont even get a "this page could not be displayed" message etc. Its just a black white page when i open a link and it opens a new frame.

I will try that run command you suggested. Hopefully that will solve it. Can you just tell me, if you know, what causes this to happen? What does the run command do?

Thanks matey, you're a star!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's generally the result of an Internet Explorer, or System, library file not being properly registered.

The CMD can 'fix' it ... it not, then try these as well ...

regsvr32 /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32 /s shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 /s msjava.dll
regsvr32 /s actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 /s oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 /s mshtml.dll
regsvr32 /s browseui.dll
regsvr32 /s shell32.dll

:)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hmm, i get the same thing too sometimes. all i do it copy the web adress, close the window, paste it in the address search bar and look it up again. it works most of the time.

Reaction score
Thanks very much mucks, that worked a treat first time. I guess it just replaces missing or corrupt .dll files. Good to know!! So cheers again mate.

Bodhi

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
It's generally the result of an Internet Explorer, or System, library file not being properly registered.

regsvr32 /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32 /s shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 /s msjava.dll
regsvr32 /s actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 /s oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 /s mshtml.dll
regsvr32 /s browseui.dll
regsvr32 /s shell32.dll

do u know all this stuff off by heart? you can type it out to your hearts content!
i rekon u probably do, must say thats quite impressive.....................

Reaction score
It is impressive i have to say, oh how i long for the days of DOS 6.2.2 and Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. Still havn't worked out what a Workgroup is yet mind you!!

nat

Reaction score
Still incomlete pages

muckshifter said:

regsvr32 /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32 /s shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 /s msjava.dll
regsvr32 /s actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 /s oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 /s mshtml.dll
regsvr32 /s browseui.dll
regsvr32 /s shell32.dll

I have XPPro SP2. Well, the problem is the following: I can view some webpages (IE6 SP2), but not others. Also, Outlook idoes not function well too - when I want to create a new mail, the font swithching from Ariel to Times New Roman back and forth and hourglass stays and does not go away. I am able to type only the first letter and can't proceed any fuirther..
When I go to Tools Options Advanced in IE I do not see JAVA section. I think it was there before....

I tryed to use the DLL registration as listed above, but it does not seem to work. Do I need to restart the computer?

Thank you in advance! Please help. Otherwise, I was thinking of starting all over again on my computer, but it is so much time consuming...

Ask a Question