Black Friday Deals.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So, its that time of the year again folks. Any deals you've seen worth picking up?

I've just got myself 3 more White and Colour GU10 Hue bulbs, (the newer ones) for the hallway. I've had my eye on them since they were announced as they are, amongst other things, shorter than the older ones and fit in the recessed holders much easier.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Only £70 off a Pixel 4XL. :(

Google you tight *******.

Reaction score
Yeah just got a Firestick 4k and an Alexa Dot for a friend for £52

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not bought anything interesting yet, but I'm keeping an eye out for a cordless Vacuum cleaner on Amazon and Costco.

The Echo Show 8 was £59.99 on Amazon, which I thought was a really good deal. A little tempted by this, but I already have an Echo Dot where I'd be using this.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Confession time!

I bought a white Pixel 4XL. Today is the first full day of using it as my main device. Bloody love it. 90Hz screen is great, and battery so far is excellent, currently sat at 45% with 3 hours and 42 mins of SOT. Happy with that. Needless to say the camera is amazing.

The old 2XL will be my back up device now. I did debate selling/recycling it, but as I've chipped the screen on the bottom left side and what it will cost to repair its not worth it.

That said, I still think the Pixel 4 and 4XL are still too expensive....

Edit: Oh and the new gen GU10's are much better than the older ones. Colours are richer, as the 'richer colours' tag suggests. They are also smaller and fit in the recessed holders so much easier than the old style bulbs.

I have a motion sensor in the hall too now so that takes care of the hardship of having to turn them on with you fingers, so that's nice. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Those 90hz/120hz displays are beautiful - they really do look so much better, especially side by side. I was killing time in a phone shop last week and playing with some of the phones and this was the biggest improvement over my phone that I could see.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
The old 2XL will be my back up device now. I did debate selling/recycling it, but as I've chipped the screen on the bottom left side and what it will cost to repair its not worth it.

How bad is the chip and how much would you sell it for ? That is if you would sell it. :cool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Are you looking to have it of me? Its not too bad, the glass is cracked a little, I'll message you later....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah I forgot all about this. Sorry.

Ask a Question