Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Kindle Fire HD is down to £99 from £159 which isn't bad :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up V_R :)

I did see that, Amazon spam me regularly since I bought 1 item from them in 1992 ;)

I also considered buying Battlefield 4, as, believe it or not, I reinstalled Origin a few days ago :eek:

Why? Kingdoms Of Amalur: The Reckoning, was a fiver on Amazon, had to have it. It's pretty good, no Skyrim but fun enuff.

Origin seems to have improved a little, they let me install my Alice Madness game without going through a whole lot of crapola, simply because I'd previously registered it, they didn't used to be that accomodating.

I have in there: Alice; The Reckoning; Dragon Age II; Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3.

Having played a bit of the two Battlefield games I own again, and having also read Battlefield 4 reviews all of which said don't bother buying it just for the single player campaign, I decided to pass.

I know I'm probably missing out on MP gaming with BF4 but I found the last 2 BF games multiplayer modes complicated as hell and gave up on them.

When it drops to about twelve quid (which it will, eventually) I'll buy it for the SP campaign.

And thanks again for the heads up :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No worries, BF3/4 MP does take some getting used to, as does the squad play. Sadly a lot of people still haven't grasped the simple things, like healing, reviving and dropping bloody ammo! But thats another story. Get in a decent squad though.... :D

Origin is better than it was, still not perfect, and i'd really much prefer just to use Steam, but its ok.

The BF4 SP isn't too bad, very scripted and linear but ok.

:)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
For anyone interested, there's a Crucial SSD available later today:
Crucial 2.5" 240GB SATA 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive.
Deal starts at 4:30 PM
They normally retail at £113.25 (Amazon price.)

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah, got half an eye on that..... :)

They are being a bit sly this time round (well more so that previous BF's anyway)

The Samsung SD card yesterday for example... It's £40 normally. But they bump the price, the discount is the RRP not the price they sell it for. So the £40 card ends up being '18% off' = £35 lol....

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Merrel Trainers with 33% off online, get them up Saturday.
Last pair only have lasted 5 years & wear them every day as they are so comfortable.:thumb:

Oh and not from amazon!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The Crucial SSD is/was selling for £96 which is a saving of £17, not bad but nothing special. And for that Amazon claim the price is reduced by 47% :rolleyes:

Now I'm no great shake at maths, failed my O level three times but that don't sound right to me ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That Asus laptop they had on I checked earlier and it was 400 quid about 3pm, looked earlier it was 400 quid with 20%. I R Confuzzed. :confused:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm beginning to lose faith with Amazon :mad:

This latest promo of theirs 'Black Friday' or whatever, seems to be mostly a sham.

Yesterday they had a Cuisinart soup maker up for £80 and as it's £126 everywhere else I thought I'd buy one. But when I eventually found it (the e-mail link didn't go directly to it) it had an option to queue for it or summat, but it said the queue list was full. Apparently it was an upcoming sale.

So I go back 30 minutes later and the offer has disappeared, it's back to £126.00.

A coupla weeks previously I filled in a survey for Amazon, I actually praised them in most parts and I was promised a £3 gift voucher for my troubles. Welp, nothing arrived yet.

In August I bought a Dremel from Amazon, it was on offer for £33 which was a good price. A week or so ago it packed up, just went dead. Plug fuse ok, motor brushes ok, volts present at end of power chord inside the dremel.

I contacted Amazon via online chat where the Amazon employee tried very hard to persuade me to go directly to Dremel, the manufacturer, for replacement or repair. I replied that the reason I shop with Amazon is because they have such a good service and warranty backup, so in the end, after some wrangling, she sent me a returns label and posted out a new replacement.

If Amazon keep this up I think I'll start to shop elsewhere.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I think I understand what happened Flopps.

When you look at Black Friday deals, they are definitely time-limited offers. When they are already 100% "claimed" they will still give you an option to "join the wait list." This purely means that if someone fails to go through the checkout process within the alotted time, the next person on the wait list will have the opportunity to purchase. (I never bother with wait lists tbh, because the chance of then getting the item will be pretty remote imho.)

If you see the "add to basket" button and the percentage "claimed" is well below 100% go ahead and click. You will be taken to the purchase summary and then checkout windows, as usual.

If you see the "add to basket" button, but the percentage "claimed" is getting close to 100%, the fill-bar will be coloured red. Beneath it, you can see how much time is left on that particular deal.

No "Add to basket" or "join waitlist" buttons... yup, those deals have not begun yet. But you'll see a timer to indicate when they will be available.

OH fancied a torch which was offered a couple of days ago. I set the kitchen timer to remind me a few minutes before the deal began. Best to get in early if there is something you really want.

Oh, and keep an eye on the deals, because they are sometimes repeated - either later in the day, or a day or two later.

Ask a Question