BIG BIG HELP

Hi i'm trying to find a solution to a problem i have i have a database of
some 25000 products in excel csv file. consists of a product code,
description, cost price and retail price
what i want to do is have some sort of form that when i enter a product code
the description cost and retail price comes up. i woulds need to enter many
and then work with the figures by incressing by percentage or price. at this
point i would need to click a button to send to another excel csv form
is it possible and can anyone help in getting me started
many thanks
lenny

Amber_D_Laws

Hi Lenny,

I have done something similar with the quote module I am building.
can send you the formulas I used in the cells to call up th
corresponding data, but I don't know that they will work in a .csv fil
format. Out of curiousity are you set on using the .csv format for bot
files?

Regards,
Ambeer :)

amber that would be a great help and no it doesn't have to be a csv file my
email is (e-mail address removed) we could always msn for 5 mins if you
can spare the time at some time i'll be free anytime

Amber_D_Laws

Great Lenny,

My fist suggestion is to convert any .csv files to .xls files. This
will allow you to access features not available to .csv files.

Next see the attached file, and let me know if you have any questions.
I have given you resouces for using a Index/Match formula. This was a
little tricky to me at first, but after you play around with it for
awhile it should all start to make sense. If not, feel free to email me
at (e-mail address removed).

Good Luck,
Amber :)
amber that would be a great help and no it doesn't have to be a csv file
my
email is (e-mail address removed) we could always msn for 5 mins if
you
can spare the time at some time i'll be free anytime

|Filename: Index & Match functions for Excel.doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4290 |

Amber_D_Laws

Please see the emails below. I hope someone can help, and take over
where I left off. I tried to include Lenny's file, but it won't let me
upload an excel file. If you need to see the file, please contact Lenny
directly at:

(e-mail address removed)

Good Luck Lenny! :)
Yeah, just saw that. Somehow, I am not seeing what you are meaning. I
have posted what you have so far (as an attachment), and these emails
to the forum under the tread you started. I really am not an expert,
but I am sure someone there will be able to help on your next phase of
development.

Good Luck,

Amber D. Laws, PMA
STL Mobile