VBA Data Entry Window

Reaction score
I need to generate a printable list.

I have an information table that has a product code, followed by description, location etc.

I want an input box that the user can enter the product code and a quantity and those get added to the list including description and location.

Also, if the user enters the same product code twice, I need it to just add the quantity to the original entry line of that product and not just list it twice.

Sorry, one last thing. The printable list needs to then put these in order of highest quantity to lowest.

If anyone out there can give me some advice I would be most appreciative as I'm pretty new to VBA and this is just a bit too far beyond my limited knowledge. :bow:

Kind Regards,

Peter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK so responses haven't exactly been flooding back so I thought I would give an update of where I'm at.

I've broken down everything into 3 functions. I have an InputBox macro that collects the data I need on the first page. It asks for a product code and then the quantity and puts those items in the first two columns on sheet 1. Then in the following columns I have used the VLOOKUP formula which references the table of information on sheet 2 and adds a description of the product and the location of the product.

Now here is the part that is kind of out of my depth.

I need to create a macro that searches the list I have created, removes double ups and adds up the quantities.

E.G.

THIS

QTY CODE DESCRIPTION LOCATION
4 12345 BOX A AISLE 5 BAY 2
2 54321 BOX B AISLE 5 BAY 1
3 12345 BOX A AISLE 5 BAY 2

NEEDS TO BECOME THIS

QTY CODE DESCRIPTION LOCATION
7 12345 BOX A AISLE 5 BAY 2
2 54321 BOX B AISLE 5 BAY 1

Can someone PLEASE help?

Kind Regards,