Best PC Case

T

tynesider

Hi, can anyone recomend a good quiet, good air flow PC Case for at the most £100? I've seen loads on the web but very few have buyers reviews. I heard Antec have good ones but most are a bit expensive when I have to splash out on a PSU. What about the Gigabyte or Novatech or even the Jeantech cases in PC World. Hope someone can help.
Thanks
Tynesider

T

tynesider

Hi, Thanks for that V_R yes it does look good, I did look at it a few days ago but must have thought it looked a bit too jazzy for me as I dont play games etc and just wanted a good sturdy case, but after looking at it again it might just be the one to go for. What power supply are you going for ?

Cheers

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There are actually loads of good cases around at the moment.

I favour Lian Li and Antec but that's just a personal thing.

I must say though that Lian LI are really excellent quality, best cases I've ever used, but they are expensive.

Thermaltake too, are good.

With or without a Power supply?

I prefer to buy a case without a PSU and add my own.

Antec make excellent cases but three of their PSU's crapped out on me in quick succession a coupla years ago, which has put me off their PSU's for life. Damn shame, really, but that's a fact :(

None of them were older than two years.

So: Lian LI, Thermaltake, Antec or...... whatever has good reviews for ease of building and you think looks good.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I think that CoolerMaster looks good and at an excellent price too - get a quality PSU and your part way there :thumb:

Those suggestions by Flops and V_R are good too, I have Antec P180's and Thernaltake Soprano's and both are excellent.

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Those pictures don't even really do it justice Ady.
The unit has perforation all up the front left and right side which also can be lit by a blue led if you choose to plug it in.

I notice there are variations between what is offered in Canada and the UK though as mine came with two 120mm fans installed. One on the back panel exhausting and one attached to the side panel as intake.

Attachments

• Centurion534.jpg
    Centurion534.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 727
T

tynesider

Hi, Thanks for the info mate, to be honest I am sick of looking for a good case and what makes it worse is that i only joined this forum last night and already I have been shown two cases which I think are perfect for what i want, wish i had come here sooner. Its a spin up between the CoolerMaster Centurion 534 and Antec 900, so i think I will go for the CoolMaster, as you said I need a good PSU so thats my next question...which one?
My Hard drives are IDE so the PSU has to have the power connections for them.
My setup will be.
AMD Athlon 64X2 6000
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 Gig Coursair 5400 memory
2x DVD Rom
2x H/D 1 350gig one 80gig
Radeon 9550

Ask a Question