Best Anti-virus - Norton gone!!

Reaction score
Hi

I know this has probably been covered to death, but any advise on the best (bought) anti-virus I have just removed Norton IS 07 as it was driving me mad, and slowing everything down.

Any advise appreciated, need to get something back on pretty quickly tho.

Cheers

Lee

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Kaspersky if you wanna pay

AntiVir if you want it free.

I use the latter. :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I'd go along with that - if you need email scanning as well then go for Kaspersky :thumb:

Reaction score
Cheers guys!

I'll see where the cheapest place is to purchase, will use Antivir until i get a copy.

Regards

Lee

Reaction score
i use mcafee

but there is one flopps always goes on abt
its quality

cant remember the name of it tho :*(
im sure he does know it

Reaction score
I have been using etrust ezantivirus and never had any problem. I think it is cheap i got three computer package for around $40.00. I don't know how much it cost around in London. Only drawback is you can't get phone help. you can chat and email for help. I have never had to do either. Nothing has gone bad so for. I have been using it for a years.

Reaction score
psd99 said:
i use mcafee

its quality

cant remember the name of it tho :*(
im sure he does know it

Hi

Does it slow your system down??
Its also a fraction of the price of Kaspersky!!

Lee

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I used to use McCrappie, ditched it in favour of AntiVir.

Dont think it slowed it down too much but there was a load of crap running in task manager. AntiVir on has 3 process' running, the guard, tray icon and te updater. :thumb:

Try Antivir for now and see how you get on. you can always change it later.
its quality
That's AntiVir, it was his recommendation (Along with others) that made me make the change.

Reaction score
leetay2 said:
Hi

Does it slow your system down??
Its also a fraction of the price of Kaspersky!!

Lee

nope it dont
and the software i really reccomend is called antivir
already mentioned by vanilla and its free too

top software

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Fortunately for us London does not represent the whole of the UK :wall:
lol
laughingsmiley.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Using Avast for over two years now, brilliant piece of software does not slow down the machine, updates automatically. Installed on many machines and the feedback is excellent from all. Antivir is also very good but I fancy the interface of Avast more than Antivir just a matter of personal taste.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well I'm sorry Quad, but you is knocking on death's door, in your defence you don't go running round the Net without the knowledge that you are not completely immune. Sorry, just pickin' you out of the crowd here, no disrespect intended.

In Avast's defence, it is an "easy" programme to get on with, where it falls down, and falls down big time, is in it's ineffectiveness in detecting Trojans & other such nasties ... I'll put it one step in front of AVG, which I do not regard as being any better than Norton/MaCrapie shyte.

You all know, or should do by now, what I recommend ... up to you all whether you heed my advice or not.

You want Free, then go get Anti-Vir ... want it to be a little more protective, then go in to Configuration (check the Expert box) and enable all the Extended Threat Categories. This is not required though, it's still pretty good at detecting malware. Now this is my main point to installing any "anti-virus" programme, its effectiveness at detecting other nasties is a priority for me when I "fix" other peoples PCs.

You want something better, then you are going to have to pay ... sorry, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

KAV or NOD32 ... the latter taking #1 spot in my book, but they are equally excellent at protecting you from other nasties on the net such as Trojans & Spyware/Malware.

HOWEVER, unless you play in very dangerous waters when you surf, you should be able to get adequate protection from any of my "pet hates" ... better consider using a Linux or Mac PC if you do insist on venturing into the deep dark realms of the Internet. ;)

user.gif

Need a second opinion ... ah, just read these Security, Spyware & Viruses threads ... you tot up who has been using what, and still got caught out. :p

PS,
I'm still running on KAV ... :thumb:

Ask a Question