background and like images...I've done everything listed

I've tried everything listed to try to fix why all my pages dont load the
background images,buttons, etc. I tried even using Mozilla Firefox, Opera,
and Netscape. But they all do the same. I would really like just to use
Internet Explorer. It reall just loads text, small lined borders, and
advertisments. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks,
CK B

Don Varnau

Hi,
Since all browsers have the problem, take a look at any third-party
security, privacy, ad-blocking programs you have running. If using WindowsXP
turn on the Windows Firewall (Control Panel> Windows Firewall) and disable
(as a test) your third-party firewall (if you're running one.) It sounds
like a third-party program is blocking some types of content.

Is McAfee Privacy Service running? It's been causing problems recently.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

No turning off the firewall, Zone Alarm, doesn't help. I reverted from
Mozilla's firefox 1.5rc1 down to 1.0.7 and the downgrade works like it did
before, "no imaging problems". I also made sure that Microsofts firwall is
turned off. I just don't see how almost all browsers except Mozilla 1.0.7
operates without showing the graphics.

Thanks,
CK B

I also went to Mozilla's Firefox support forum and found this link:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=288184 and I can't see the
first image on number 3 in IE6 or FF1.0.7 and it was set to normal for
FF1.0.7. Is there something like that to configure in IE6? I understand that
you probably dont give a @$%& about other browsers but I want to use IE if at
all possible and I'm tring to give you everything I know to try to fix the
problem.

Thanks,
CK B

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

CK B said:
I also went to Mozilla's Firefox support forum and found this link:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=288184 and I can't see
the first image on number 3 in IE6 or FF1.0.7 and it was set to
normal for FF1.0.7. Is there something like that to configure in IE6?
I understand that you probably dont give a @$%& about other browsers
but I want to use IE if at all possible and I'm tring to give you
everything I know to try to fix the problem.

Thanks,
CK B

If you mean you can only see Frame Two, I doubt if IE is the problem.
What version of Windows do you have and what version of IE6?
What anti-virus are you using?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Don Varnau

Hi,
Since the image at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=288184 that
you aren't seeing is one frame of an animated gif, go to Internet Options>
Advanced> make sure that "Play animations" is checked.

But, the blocked animated gifs still sounds like the work of Zone Alarm. Are
you sure that ZA was off?

[Longshot] This usually causes other, more obvious problems, but go to
Control Panel> Accessibility> Display> make sure that Use High Contrast is
not checked.

Sorry... ;-) other possibilities at:
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/51.html
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

You know I've been tring for 2 months now to try to fix this. I've ask every
web browser the same thing. I can't believe none of them told me that. Some
have said to change things in Accessibility and I believe one might have said
to make sure it is checked. I would have hoped that by having them see that
it happens to all browsers some one might suggest something about Windows. If
I could send a $tip$, I would.

Thanks, more than gratefully appreciated,
Chris K. B.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Since the image at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=288184 that
you aren't seeing is one frame of an animated gif, go to Internet Options>
Advanced> make sure that "Play animations" is checked.

But, the blocked animated gifs still sounds like the work of Zone Alarm. Are
you sure that ZA was off?

**"[Longshot] This usually causes other, more obvious problems, but go to
Control Panel> Accessibility> Display> make sure that Use High Contrast is
not checked."**<<<<Helped fix the problem.

CK B said:
I also went to Mozilla's Firefox support forum and found this link:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=288184 and I can't see the
first image on number 3 in IE6 or FF1.0.7 and it was set to normal for
FF1.0.7. Is there something like that to configure in IE6? I understand that
you probably dont give a @$%& about other browsers but I want to use IE if at
all possible and I'm tring to give you everything I know to try to fix the
problem.

Thanks,
CK B

To the reason what might have cause the problem. Using the shortut. I might
have turned on the shortcut somehow by pressing alt+left shift+print screen.
I have no idea why I would have done it but I surely wouldn't have done it on
purpose have the box checked. I'm not blind. I have 20-30 vision. lol.

CK B said:
I also went to Mozilla's Firefox support forum and found this link:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=288184 and I can't see the
first image on number 3 in IE6 or FF1.0.7 and it was set to normal for
FF1.0.7. Is there something like that to configure in IE6? I understand that
you probably dont give a @$%& about other browsers but I want to use IE if at
all possible and I'm tring to give you everything I know to try to fix the
problem.

Thanks,
CK B

Don Varnau

Chris,
Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for reporting back.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"CK B" wrote in message
I also went to Mozilla's Firefox support forum and found this link:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=288184 and I can't see the
first image on number 3 in IE6 or FF1.0.7 and it was set to normal for
FF1.0.7. Is there something like that to configure in IE6? I
understand
that
you probably dont give a @$%& about other browsers but I want to use
IE if
at
all possible and I'm tring to give you everything I know to try to fix the
problem.

You know...i was fighting this problem on a clients computer ALL night with
no luck...and after reading this post i'm about 99% sure this is the problem.
I can't wait to get home and turn off the high contrast option and get that
pc out of my office LOL.

Thanks for the helpful post. Saved me a much bigger headache.