    Thanks in advance
    --
    JL

    Guest, Feb 3, 2005

  2. And your question is?

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Feb 3, 2005

    Sorry Sue, my thought goes faster than my fingers...

    The question is that I forgot how to convert a WAB file in OE6, into a PAB
    file in Outlook 2003. I don't want to import the WAB into Outlook's Contacts
    (that's easy) but into the personal address book.
    Sorry again for this elliptical absence of question: Your Rummy is probably
    right, "old" Europe is no good...
    Thanks for your help anyway
    JL

    Guest, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Lavie <> wrote:

    > The question is that I forgot how to convert a WAB file in OE6, into
    > a PAB file in Outlook 2003. I don't want to import the WAB into
    > Outlook's Contacts (that's easy) but into the personal address book.

    But Outlook doesn't use the PAB for anything. It gets its addresses from
    the Contacts folder. That's what you should be using.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Feb 4, 2005

    Sorry to contradict you Brian,
    In Outlook 2003 I have my business contacts in the Contact folder AND a
    Personnal Address Book file (*.pab) where personnal addresses are stored,
    which, originaly was duplicating my *.wab file in OE.
    I can edit this file from Outlook, but there is no straightforward
    synchronisation OE to Outlook and conversely.
    There is a way of doing it, which I forgot.
    That's the reason of this post.
    Thanks for your help
    JL

    Guest, Feb 4, 2005
  6. Lavie <> wrote:

    > In Outlook 2003 I have my business contacts in the Contact folder AND
    > a Personnal Address Book file (*.pab) where personnal addresses are
    > stored, which, originaly was duplicating my *.wab file in OE.
    > I can edit this file from Outlook, but there is no straightforward
    > synchronisation OE to Outlook and conversely.
    > There is a way of doing it, which I forgot.
    > That's the reason of this post.

    The PAB is available in Outlook only to serve as a legacy connection to the
    old MS Mail program. Contradict all you want, but the truth is, no matter
    what you choose to believe, addresses are meant to be placed in a Contacts
    folder. You can have multiple contacts folders, each for whatever purpose
    you want and each enabled as an Outlook Address Book so that clicking the
    To, Cc, or Bcc buttons in a compose window will allow you to choose
    addresses from them. You're not using Outlook as it was intended to be
    used.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Feb 4, 2005