David H. Lipman

From: "Jackson" <[email protected]>

| I am testing Google's Chrome browser. Will it automatically
| be protected by my AVG 9.0?

Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox/SeaMonkey/Netscape, Internet Explorer, Mosaic (he, he),
Opera....

Doesn't matter as long as the "On Access" scanning is left enabled.

In short, it is Browser independent.

FromTheRafters

Jackson said:
I am testing Google's Chrome browser. Will it automatically
be protected by my AVG 9.0?

I don't know what stuff AVG is putting with its AV these days.

But in general, it's not there to protect your browser.

If your browser employs a VM, and malicious code can be consumed by it
without hitting the *real* filesystem, then your AV will most likely not
see it. Your AV active scanning component is not there to protect the
goings on of a VM, it is there to help you to protect the actual
machine.

Better ask Google and/or AVG directly about any extensions that allow
antimalware to interfere with browsing on your behalf.

gufus

From: David H. Lipman---? To: Jackson
Subj: Re: AVG with Google ChromeSun, 21 Mar 2010 20:36:15 -0400

Hello, David!

You wrote on Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:36:15 -0400:

??|> I am testing Google's Chrome browser. Will it automatically
??|> be protected by my AVG 9.0?

DHL> Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox/SeaMonkey/Netscape, Internet Explorer,
DHL> Mosaic (he, he), Opera....

Only would touch FF myself. :)

gufus
--