Avast pop ups

Henry

How do I get rid of Avast pop ups? I've googled it but all of the examples
are not for my version of Avast. My version is 2014.9.0.2013

Thanks, Henry

Nil

How do I get rid of Avast pop ups? I've googled it but all of the
examples are not for my version of Avast. My version is
2014.9.0.2013

I think the only way to get rid of them entirely is to pay them money
for the commercial version. If we want it for "free", we have to endure
some of their advertising. It's worth that cost to me, as long as it's
a reasonable amount, which it is.

You can somewhat reduce the time some of the notifications last by
going to Settings | Appearance | Popups.

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Nil said:
I think the only way to get rid of them entirely is to pay them money
for the commercial version. If we want it for "free", we have to endure
some of their advertising. It's worth that cost to me, as long as it's
a reasonable amount, which it is.

You can somewhat reduce the time some of the notifications last by
going to Settings | Appearance | Popups.

If the popups are reasonably normal Windows, ClickOff may help. I can
only find
http://www.johanneshuebner.com/quickcms/index.html?de_downloads,2.html
which is in German, but I'm sure it used to be available in English.
(Maybe searching for it on other sites might find an English version -
the above is the one of the author, Johannes Hübner - I always prefer to
go to the original site.)

J. P. Gilliver (John)

"J. P. Gilliver said:
If the popups are reasonably normal Windows, ClickOff may help. I can
only find
http://www.johanneshuebner.com/quickcms/index.html?de_downloads,2.html
which is in German, but I'm sure it used to be available in English.
(Maybe searching for it on other sites might find an English version -
the above is the one of the author, Johannes Hübner - I always prefer
to go to the original site.)

http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/clickoff.shtml, sorry! I just couldn't
find the link from Johannes' home page. Of course, the utility can't be
any good - it's only 332k in size.

Zo

Henry brought next idea :
How do I get rid of Avast pop ups? I've googled it but all of the examples
are not for my version of Avast. My version is 2014.9.0.2013

Thanks, Henry

Henry, open Avast, click on the option wheel at the bottom, now scroll
down the "Gaming Mode" (this is supposed to stop all popup except the
emergeny type) you can also go to "Appearance" and set popup duration
limits.

BillW50

I think it must. Yours is the same version I'm using, 2014.9.0.2013 .

At one time, you can select which corner the popups would show up at. I
haven't seen that option in many versions lately.

Buffalo

"Zo" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Henry brought next idea :

Henry, open Avast, click on the option wheel at the bottom, now scroll down
the "Gaming Mode" (this is supposed to stop all popup except the emergeny
type) you can also go to "Appearance" and set popup duration limits.
Just rt click on the Avast icon in the tray and select Silent/gaming mode.