Windows XP Automatic Image Restore on reboot

Reaction score
I was reading the article https://www.pcreview.co.uk/thread-4249.php and I am trying to find a software version of this.
Basically I am setting up a school network and I want to be able to restore the system on reboot to a particular state - this should happen automatically. Its to ensure that if a user installs anything that is not meant to be there, it gets removed on reboot. I am sure that there are software solutions out there...I just can't seem to find them.

Thanks,
Arnold

Reaction score
why don't you just setup up user accounts and group policies so that nothing can be installed in the first place?

James

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
they had somethig like that at my school running XP you couldn't download anything because the links were blocked via a firewall and installation files were disabled so they couldn't be run and you didn't have admin rights either, but they also had one of those thing in each pc just in case

Reaction score
at college there is nothing blocking you from doing anything!!

you just have access to your personal files on the network and a perfectly normal PC

you are asked not to install anything, nothing to stop you

except they watch what your doing with Net Support School

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
at college there is nothing blocking you from doing anything!!

you just have access to your personal files on the network and a perfectly normal PC

you are asked not to install anything, nothing to stop you

except they watch what your doing with Net Support School
Fear is the mindkiller ;)

Anyway.. onto the question...

I am assuming you are going to setup this school network with an Active Directory domain.

Just lock it down with group policy (as techy pointed out). Read up on it and do some trial runs if you are unfamiliar with it :)

Ask a Question