autocomplete in spite of clear all

When autocomplete is on, then after "!clear history" and "clear cache" no former urls will be shown
However, there is exactly one (adult) site still coming up in the address field when I start to enter a letter matching its prefix.

DVarnau

Peter,
This is coming from the index.dat file in the History folder.
Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder (and the index.dat file) and a new one will be created when
you restart.
Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Additional advice:
Check for other adware, spyware, parasites.
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm and note the
"Recommended Minimal Security Settings" paragraph.

Hope this helps,
Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
d.varnau[at]lycos[dot]com