Attachments lost

ursa

os=win2k
mail-outlookxp

I have recieved 2 complaints over the last week of mail with
attachments arriving without the attachments. Outgoing is
pop3-Recieving mail systems
Exchange/Lotus. The first complaint arrived as a reply with the
attachments intact. The second complaint arrived as just text, though
the recieptant I suspect(from the mail headers) was working from home
and not sure if the
client would include the attachments with the reply.
Added config- in Outlook-under internet mail receiptants, I have
outlook rich text converted to plain text and use uuencode-I checked
that as I thought being the older standard it would be more
universally understood(besides I hate the little formatting files that
arrive with plain mail text).
Could it be that these mail systems only know mime?
In a response from another group, someone mentioned they had
experienced this with sister's Lotus mail system- thought it was a
Lotus quirk. Repeated tests to other mail systems show no problem-the
people getting these attachments, which are 2Word docs-resume/cover
letter, obviously get many emails with attachments.
Anyone got any thoughts on why the attachments are getting hosed?

Reply from Lotus system

Boundary="0__=IezHIwpq5KxuMl3PKUbD6SQqNrEKfpaJiKUyYqx5Awlo7u9M89xSVhGk
"

Reply from Outlook client/Exchange?-the reply was only text

test to Yahoo mail with attachment which arrived sucessfully-

Tue, 5 Oct 2004 21:01:05 -0400

Brian Tillman

ursa said:
os=win2k
mail-outlookxp

I have recieved 2 complaints over the last week of mail with
attachments arriving without the attachments. Outgoing is
pop3-Recieving mail systems
Exchange/Lotus.

If you're sending in Rich Text format, that could explain it. Lotus can't
handle Rich Text format, an Outlook-only format. Try sending in HTML or
Plain Text.

ursa

Brian said:
If you're sending in Rich Text format, that could explain it. Lotus
can't handle Rich Text format, an Outlook-only format. Try sending
in HTML or Plain Text.
I had been sending internet mail in plain text, though my display was
rich text- I run a exchange server for laughs(study) on my home
network- but since you mentioned it, the reply I got back complaining
no attachment was showing rich text, and the other complaint was from
an OE client-Hmm...