Windows XP Asked for help in "Photo area". nobody! Burning jpegs

Reaction score
I used to have another "cartoon like" burner program. A dummy like me could do it! I can't figure out how to burn jpegs to CD with MediaPlayer 10. Is it easy or even possible? THANKS in advance for ANY help!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think it is possible with Mediaplayer 10 - it might be worth buying a program like Nero to burn CDs (its really easy and friendly :)).

If you bought your PC you will probably have some free CD burning software somewhere.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
ok, i've haven't actaully burned them onto a disc but i've just had a play and i think it will work

browse to the folder with the pictures in, select all the ones you want, right click 'add to burn list' then burn them

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
What NERO says ...

How can I save pictures onto a CD or DVD?

If you simply wish to 'store' your JPEGs on your CD or DVD, keeping the JPEG format, just create a standard Data CD or Data DVD.

Use the following link and download the PDF file that explains you step by step how to create a Data CD/DVD: Create a data CD/DVD

If you wish to play these files on your DVD player, you must create a Video CD using the VCD or SVCD format. But when you do this, the JPEG files will be converted to a single DAT file and no longer be accessible on your computer with a JPEG viewer. So be sure you do not delete your original JPEG files if you do not want to loose them.

Important note
There is an option when creating a VCD or SVCD to also store the JPEGs in a folder called 'Pictures' on the VCD or SVCD. If you enable this, you will still be able to view the JPEG files on your computer using a JPEG viewer.

Use the following link and download the PDF file that explains you step by step how to create a VCD or SVCD: Create a VCD/SVCD/SlideShow

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher to open these PDF files. If you don´t have it, download it for free from Adobe's website at: http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

... WMP is primerily a music player, the 'burning' software that XP uses is prety dam anoying ... invest in NERO, you should find it free on a mag CD somewhere.

Ask a Question