APM on a Laptop

Martin Hart - Memory Soft, S.L.

Hi:

I have installed an XPPro image (with Norton Ghost), created on a normal
desktop computer, on my laptop, but after running sysprep it still does no
recognize the APM capabilities of my laptop.

How can I force XP to reevaluate the APM capabilities of my laptop?

Regards,
Martin.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How to Force a Hardware Abstraction Layer During an Upgrade or New Installation of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299340&Product=winxp

How Windows XP Determines ACPI Compatibility
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314088&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

-----

"Martin Hart - Memory Soft, S.L." <memorysoftsl _at_ infotelecom _dot_ es> wrote in message:

| Hi:
|
| I have installed an XPPro image (with Norton Ghost), created on a normal
| desktop computer, on my laptop, but after running sysprep it still does no
| recognize the APM capabilities of my laptop.
|
| How can I force XP to reevaluate the APM capabilities of my laptop?
|
| Regards,
| Martin.

Martin Hart - Memory Soft, S.L.

Carey:

Thanks for the advise. I was looking to change this setting on my laptop
that *already* has the WinXP Pro image installed. I didn't express myself
well in the first mail.

Do you know if this is possible?

TIA,
Martin.