Anyone drive a Skoda?

Reaction score
Finish your degree 1st Chris as this will help you if you want accelerated promotion once you have done 2 years as a PC.
And time as a Special will count for a lot during your full time Police career.:thumb:

Reaction score
feckit said:
Finish your degree 1st Chris as this will help you if you want accelerated promotion once you have done 2 years as a PC.
And time as a Special will count for a lot during your full time Police career.:thumb:

Absolutely mate - the girl in recruitment told me to put my application in NOW even though I don't graduate until June/July. She said the training won't start until at least then, and even if I do pass the assesment centre and the training does get moved forward, I can defer my training without having to re-apply. :)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Absolutely mate - the girl in recruitment told me to put my application in NOW even though I don't graduate until June/July. She said the training won't start until at least then, and even if I do pass the assesment centre and the training does get moved forward, I can defer my training without having to re-apply. :)
Well i'm glad to hear that!
And yes, it may take some time for your application to go through the right channels.
Chief Constable by 45!;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Real pleased to hear all is going well Chris, well done :thumb:

It did occur to me after I'd posted that the fast vehicles you were in may have been police vehicles - oops ;)

As for me doing 110mph, I was making it up officer, honest to goodness I was :eek:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
As for me doing 110mph, I was making it up officer, honest to goodness I was :eek:
Oh dear an omission of guilt FBS.
Better buy your soap-on-a-rope now!:p

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
And yes, Skoda's are excellent motors though must confess I don't personally like the styling a great deal.
Agreed - the styling particularly at the front isn't up to say an Audi/VW equivalent, but sadly I couldn't afford the extra several thousand £'s needed to get one :(

feckit said:
Nice car Ady, but white seats may get dirty quicker?
Probably will, but the only other alternative is charcoal grey which makes the cabin look very dark and drab - and I have plenty of leather cleaner and preservative that I use on my BMW seats to keep 'em clean
nod.gif

christopherpostill said:
I also now have an application in for the regulars :) The assessment centre sounds scary though...!

Edit: I forgot to also mention I've been given a slight management role also - I'm now in charge of arranging everyones duties and working out the crewing and stuff. Excellent :)
You are obviously well regarded Chris, and doing a good job to be given responsibility - well done mate :thumb:

If you need any help/advice about the assessment, then give me a shout ;)

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
You are obviously well regarded Chris, and doing a good job to be given responsibility - well done mate :thumb:

If you need any help/advice about the assessment, then give me a shout ;)

Thanks Ady, appreciate it :) I'll probably give you shout if I get an invite to the assessment centre :thumb:

I'm crewing with a PCSO on Friday which is quite a big responsibility aparently - so that should be different and not something I've ever done. They can supply the knowledge and I have the powers to action on it. Looking forward to it!

I didn't mention - a couple of Tuesdays ago I went up with the force helicopter - that was cracking good fun. Spent about 4/5 hours airbourne... and the pilot was a former military lynx captain! I wasn't sick. But almost!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I'm crewing with a PCSO on Friday which is quite a big responsibility aparently - so that should be different and not something I've ever done. They can supply the knowledge and I have the powers to action on it. Looking forward to it!
I wouldn't be too confident about that Chris ;)

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I wouldn't be too confident about that Chris ;)

Ha - so i'll effectively be singe crewed then :eek:

Ady I just realised I seem to have hijacked your thread - sorry mate!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I didn't mention - a couple of Tuesdays ago I went up with the force helicopter - that was cracking good fun. Spent about 4/5 hours airbourne... and the pilot was a former military lynx captain! I wasn't sick. But almost!
Nearly all Police Forces Air Units aircraft are piloted by ex-HM Forces Pilots.
Mainly due to the training & better flying skills than Civy's.
Sometimes Pilots like to fly a tad faster & do a few more tighter turns when newbie’s are on board!
But glad you did not have to use the vom-bag!!

As for your application all your work as a Special will help you along the process
As for PCSO's a waste of time as they have no real powers, traffic wardens have more power!!

Applications seem to take ages these days, which force/s you applying to?

Oh & sorry also Ady for high jacking your thread

Lovely day at Gatwick today.

Reaction score
feckit said:
Nearly all Police Forces Air Units aircraft are piloted by ex-HM Forces Pilots.
Mainly due to the training & better flying skills than Civy's.
Sometimes Pilots like to fly a tad faster & do a few more tighter turns when newbie’s are on board!
But glad you did not have to use the vom-bag!!

As for your application all your work as a Special will help you along the process
As for PCSO's a waste of time as they have no real powers, traffic wardens have more power!!

Applications seem to take ages these days, which force/s you applying to?

Oh & sorry also Ady for high jacking your thread

Lovely day at Gatwick today.

He certainly showed the aircraft off to me - notably when we were on approach to RAF Wyton - one of the observers said "Now chris, you may notice we are slightly higher than normal"

Captain: Autorotation or Spiral Descent?.... Spiral Descent.

Dear god! We pulled about 3G and to look out of the left hand side window all you could see was the deck, and sky out the other. It was immense!

See Photo!

I've got an application in to Cambridgeshire - i'd like to continue working from Parkside. It's a nice place. I like the people there too, and don't want to lose touch with my team :)

Reaction score
I know of a few forces that dont let specials go for a jolly in their helicopter.
So they must think highly of you Chris.

Reaction score
They encourage it here...!

There is no better training into the capabilities of the Air Support Unit than actually going for a shift.

All Specials and PCSO's are allowed a day shift and a night shift :)

Reaction score
Back on topic - took a Skoda Octavia 2.0TDI estate out last night. First time i've ever driven one, it was very pleasant.

Nice choice of car :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
don't drive a skoda but a SEAT Altea, got the 2.0 TDI sport which comes with the 6 speed manual box.

i love it, got plenty of grunt for overtaking the lemons on the motorway and will happily cruise around town at 1500 rpm to give me decent fuel economy

Ask a Question