Anyone been to Manchester Airport recently?

Reaction score
I'm struggling to find where I get the free shuttle bus from to T1
I did ring them and I beleive its one of the three/four jetparks however all the information I find is for parking a vehicle
I wont be in one or need to park I am simply being dropped off. I'm not risking the £25 charge due to congestion as is the normal now apparently. They have made it even worse!

Is the free shuttle service also for people who are being dropped off or only for those paying for the parking in the above areas?

So frustrating how the make it difficult and stressfull just for a simple thing like this since they started charging

Anyone help? I go away with me lad this Thursday!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes visited that site however nowhere anywhere does it mention about free parking for non paying car park users that I can see which is my arguement!

I called Jet2 and they informed me you don't need any proof of parking before getting onto a shuttle to the terminals. So I guess worries over...for now :)

Cheers Mucks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Manchester airport is awful - my least favourite airport by a long way. Even driving there is unnecessarily difficult.

There are now drop off bays, where you can drop off passengers in a car and it costs a few quid. There are right in front of the departures area. You can't use these for pick-ups, you need to use the multi-story car park for that. We used it the other day to drop off Becky's dad and it was fine, if a bit annoying paying for yet another thing that takes just seconds!

I've never needed proof of a flight when using the shuttle, so I think you're ok :).

Reaction score
Yeah the issue is Ian is people gettingdropped of then the person driving getting stuck in all the traffic on the way out again.
£3 upto 5mins
£4 upto 10mins

10mins + £25

Many many people were unable to leave due to back log of traffic within the 10min period and then going completely mental because they have to pay the £25

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah you should be fine being dropped off at a car park, they never ask for proof of parking. The one we used to use is on Styal Road, it's pretty close to the airport.

Where are you going on holiday? Hope you and your son have a great time! :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah the issue is Ian is people gettingdropped of then the person driving getting stuck in all the traffic on the way out again.
£3 upto 5mins
£4 upto 10mins

10mins + £25

Many many people were unable to leave due to back log of traffic within the 10min period and then going completely mental because they have to pay the £25

Ah, I didn't realise that's where they were getting stuck - I'd go nuts if that happened to me! We must have gone at a quiet time. Not a great start to a relaxing holiday :eek:.

Hope you guys have fun :cheers:.

Ask a Question