    where I can redownload it? Thanks again.

    Regards,
    Mark

    MarkR, Oct 16, 2003

  2. MarkR

    R. McCarty Guest

    For Sun Java, simply use the Uninstaller available in Control
    Panel - Add Remove.

    For the Microsoft VM
    1.. From the Start menu, select Run.
    2.. Enter the command
    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall to start the
    uninstall process
    3.. Click Yes to the confirmation, then select Reboot.
    4.. After the machine restarts, delete the following items:
    a.. the \%systemroot%\java folder
    b.. java.pnf from the \%systemroot%\inf folder
    c.. jview.exe and wjview.exe from the \%systemroot%\system32 folder
    d.. The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Java VM registry subkey
    e.. The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
    Explorer\AdvancedOptions\JAVA_VM registry subkey (to remove the Microsoft
    Internet Explorer (IE) options)
    I would uninstall "Both" if you have both - Reboot and then go to the Sun
    Java
    download page and get the latest version.

    "MarkR" <> wrote in message
    > I think my Java in my computer is completely messed up. Is there any way
    > that I can totally remove ALL references to my Java and then reinstall it?
    > If anyone knows how, can you please walk me through the COMPLETE removal

    and

    R. McCarty, Oct 16, 2003

  3. MarkR

    MarkR Guest

    "R. McCarty" <> wrote in message
    > For Sun Java, simply use the Uninstaller available in Control
    > Panel - Add Remove.

    I can't uninstall one of the Java programs from the Add/Remove in the
    Control Panel. It's called Java 2 Runtime Enviroment, SE v1.4.1_03. I
    uninstalled the other ones that had Java in the name, but this one I get an
    error that states: An installation support file could not be installed. The
    system cannot find the file specified. Any ideas? I'm still working on the
    rest below.

    Mark

    MarkR, Oct 16, 2003
  4. MarkR

    MarkR Guest

    There's also a Java Plug-in in the Control Panel that I can't get rid of.
    And in the registry, I'm not sure what you want me to delete when you say
    "subkey". I don't want to screw anything up. Thanks again.

    Mark

    MarkR, Oct 16, 2003
  5. MarkR

    R. McCarty Guest

    In Control Panel, Add/Remove programs are two entries.
    Java and Java Web Start - You need to uninstall both of
    them. Then follow the process below to remove the MS
    Java engine.
    Before you modify a Registry Key just export it out as a
    ..Reg file. If anything goes wrong you can double-click the
    ..Reg file to restore it into the registry.

    R. McCarty, Oct 16, 2003
  6. MarkR

    MarkR Guest

    well i still can't delete that java program from the control panel and the
    one from add/remove programs. i also still don't know which subkeys to
    delete in the registry. i get to the folder and then try and delete and i
    get an error, so i guess that's out. i think i got in over my head and i'll
    just have to live with a f***ed up computer. my fault since i messed it up
    to begin with. thanks so much for your help though.

    mark

    MarkR, Oct 17, 2003
  7. MarkR

    S.Sengupta Guest