Any suggestions 4 the best motherboard for Pentium 4 3.2GHz

Reaction score
Hi all

After trying to fix my old PC I have finally given up and I am getting a new one built, (using alot of my old components.)

I am getting new processor and motherboard......and I've narrowed it down to a Pentium 4, 2.8GHz OR 3.02GHz OR 3.2GHz.

Is there much difference between the three processors?(apart from price)

Also, which motherboard is best for these type of processors? I need one with a high bus speed, and that allows me to add my own graphics card, creative audigy sound card.

I was thinking of a Gigabyte or ABIT. But I can't be more specific than that.

I need a really fast system as I do alot of 3d modelling and rendering. Is Pentium 4 3.2GHz the way to go?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can give.

P.S. I am also going to try to network it to a Pentium 4 3.06GHz that I have. Does this affect the type of processor I can go for?

Reaction score
If you looking for the best motherboard go for the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe its seriously good but it will set you back about 120 squid.
As for the processors, it is exactly what it sez on the tin each is 200mhz faster than the last the 3.2 is prob still a bit over priced mind in value for money terms.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have heard good reports about the MSI 865PE and Asus P4P800 Deluxe.

If you are networking this PC to another type of PC, it does not matter about the speed or anything like that ;) Just make sure you are running the same operating system ideally, as it will make things much easier :)

As for the 2.8, 3.0, 3.2 - the differences are speed and price. If you want to overclock though, you may be best getting the 2.8 version (check www.overclockers.com for overclockability). If you do not wish to overclock, just go for what you can afford :)

Reaction score
'overclocking"/??

Hi

I have heard of the term 'overclocking' referred to, a few times but I don't know what it means?

Also, my old motherboard was an Asus (multi processor and I had quite a few probs with it, it was geared up with 2 Athlons processors.

Everyone I've spoken to so far have told me to go for th ABIT or Gigabyte with the Penitum 4.

Why is the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe or Asus P4P800 Deluxe so good? Are they the best thing for Pentium 4's??

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nobody can really say for sure which is the best motherboard for a pentium 4, opinions and views can only be given on people's own individual experiences.

Asus do make good motherboards. The p4c800-E Deluxe does pack in an awful lot of features although as mentioned previously as motherboards go, it's expensive.

The two preceeding models in Asus' range will probably suit you fine, and obviously won't cost so much.

Check out specs yourself at various supplier's sites, there are many listed on this Forum (see 'Retailer Ratings' to our left here).

Overclocking? Basically, making your processor run faster than it should do, getting more for your money, as it were. Disadvantages are that if you push it too far you could suffer instability and also you'll generate extra heat, so usually you need extra cooling.

Ask a Question